2015 w/ 12k mi and 87% battery SOH?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mud

I just looked at a used 2015 with 12,500 miles that shows 87% State of Health in Leaf Spy.

That is substantially lower than I expected, and I'm a little concerned. The car lived in the SF Bay Area (Mtn View), so the climate wasn't extreme. Leaf Spy shows 233 L1/L2 charges and 1 QC. The car is otherwise pretty nice.

Is that SOH number abnormally low for the mileage?

I recently bought a 2014 with 14,000 miles and 87% SOH. My car lived in Atlanta and Dallas. Considering your prospective car is newer AND has the upgraded lizard battery AND lived in a more moderate climate I would say that seeems like a lot of degradation. Seems like people are having a relatively easy time finding 2015s with greater than 90% SOH. I would pass on the car, or use it as leverage to talk the dealer down.

Leaf Spy numbers on my 2015 drop when I drive gently and do not discharge deeply before charging. The numbers improve when I return to freeway driving and deeper discharges. The numbers also drop when the car is not driven for extended time (parked at airport with 60% charge, for example), but return to normal after a couple of drive/charge cycles. Quick Charges always improve my Leaf Spy numbers. The car for sale has low mileage and has never been quick charged (1 charge count is from factory or dealer test) so there is a good chance that the Leaf Spy numbers will improve with frequent use.

Edited to add: SOH on my Leaf is presently at 82% with over 43k miles and 29 months use in Phoenix.

Back