2018 Leaf not a full re-design

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersleeper

I'm 99.99% positive this is the exact same chassis. I placed the two versions into layers on Photoshop, and everything is identical and lines up perfectly with Gen 1. All they did is change the front and rear, and at that, it's only paneling cosmetics.

I do have to say though, it is a much improved style. Interesting how it gives the "appearance" that the chassis has a lower roof line, but in fact it most definitely does not. The rear hatch comes out more and the spoiler combo with the face-lift rear fenders and two-tone paint makes it look like a different roof line.

Also, not sure if anyone caught that the battery pack looks to be identical dimensions as Gen 1? I can't wait for a retrofit option. We'll all be able to make our Gen 1 Leaf go 150+ miles. That's one of the perks I've been trying to sell people on with these electric cars. Likely Tesla will also make us a battery one day as well.

i read that the motor is exactly the same as the current leaf as well, not sure where i saw that tidbit but i'd like to get mine bumped to 110kw please! would be interesting to be able to compare one side by side closely.

the car looks a lot better than the current leaf though i agree.

So, not content with starting a superfluous topic, you're going to immediately wander off of it yourself? OK. Shame we don't have a "topic ignore" function here. What you really need is a blog page.

Supersleeper said:
I'm 99.99% positive this is the exact same chassis...
Reportedly, Nisan stiffened the chassis and improved collision performance, but very similar overall.

Major refresh is the term that best describes this level of redesign, IMO.

Nissan seems to want to just call it the 2018 LEAF, and you can too, if you want.

Quite an endorsement of the 2011 LEAF's design, that most of the improvements (other than greatly increased battery energy density) after ~7 years, are essentially cosmetic.

Back