2018 LEAF Test Drive Events

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampitupco

I did this when the LEAF 1.0 came out. Might as well do it again!

https://allnewleafdrive.com

Want to be the first to get behind the wheel of the All-New 2018 Nissan LEAF?* Register below for the Drive and Discover Experience with your preferred date and time and we’ll bring the LEAF* to you for your own personal test drive.

Well, I registered, but I'll be amazed if they bring a car to Upstate NY for me. I'm willing to drive as much as 50-75 miles, but not hundreds of miles.

I got the following via email this afternoon:

John, please join us for the all-new LEAF* Drive and Discover Experience.
DISCOVER THE ALL NEW LEAF(R)*
JOIN US
FOR THE ALL-NEW LEAF* DRIVE AND DISCOVER EXPERIENCE
SATURDAY | OCTOBER 21, 2017 | 6PM-10PM
The Fairmont
1429 Fairmont Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

You and a guest are invited to attend an exclusive
seated dinner curated by a local celebrity chef.
Enjoy live entertainment and a
VIP preview of the all-new Nissan LEAF.*
You'll also have the opportunity to register for a
unique driving experience. Be one of the first to
get behind the wheel of the all-new Nissan LEAF*
and discover what makes it simply amazing.

Please RSVP by October 13, 2017.
RSVP

Update email address | Unsubscribe | Privacy policy
* The all-new 2018 LEAF is not available for purchase. Expected availability in early 2018. Pre-production model shown; see actual production vehicle when available for final details on features.

Always wear your seat belt, and please don't drink and drive.

© 2017 Nissan North America, Inc. All rights reserved.

If you would like more information from Nissan about their products, visit NissanUSA.com or write them at:

Nissan Marketing
Mail Stop P3C
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

Got that too. Is that going out to everyone or to just those who reserved a 2018 Leaf through Nissan's website? Or to anyone for whom Nissan has their e-mail address and believes already owns a Leaf?

It seems to be 2 parts. There is the dinner/preview. Then they want another date and time where they will bring the car to you. When I put in my home address, they indicated no upcoming dates where they would bring the car. But I was able to schedule one for my work address for right after getting off from work.

Yes, I heard about these two parts (first the first time) at EVent at Nissan's Sunnyvale research office earlier tonight. I signed up on tablets there for the test drive and yeah, a slide mentioned Oct timeframe for events like what Joe6pack mentioned. The marketing guy mentioned there'd be a celebrity chef there.

I did receive a "Your all-new LEAF driving experience is confirmed" email after signing up but nothing about the celebrity chef event.

None available in my area, but the site says it goes through February. Maybe something will come up when my local dealer gets a demo model.

I signed up for a weekday at 5PM at my office. I figure if it actually happens, I can get others to join me and at least look at the new car.

cwerdna said:
Yes, I heard about these two parts (first the first time) at EVent at Nissan's Sunnyvale research office earlier tonight. I signed up on tablets there for the test drive and yeah, a slide mentioned Oct timeframe for events like what Joe6pack mentioned. The marketing guy mentioned there'd be a celebrity chef there.

I did receive a "Your all-new LEAF driving experience is confirmed" email after signing up but nothing about the celebrity chef event.
Today at the Cupertino EVent (https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=899), at the Leaf booth, they did have signups for the celebrity chef EVent.

There were two choices: SF (I believe Oct 14 or 15) and San Jose (Oct 21). The latter was more convenient but it seemed I was signing up to be on the wait list for that. I believe both were in the evening. San Jose one was 6 to 10 pm, IIRC.

The web page they had us go to also let us put ourselves on the wait list for the above EVent + schedule a test drive where the car's brought to you.

I recently bought a 2015 Leaf S from a local Nissan dealer and I received an invitation to the Atlanta event in October too. I wouldn't think they'd assume I'd be in the market for a new leaf when I just bought my '15 in July.

For anyone who next gets to see an '18 Leaf in person, please check to see if the sun visor extenders are gone as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=505532#p505532. Turbo3 noticed it and I confirmed it.

These are, as Nissan reminds us, "pre-production" cars, and the visors are apparently Sentra parts, so why on Earth would they delete them? The savings would be much smaller than those realized by screwing us out of the upper dash display. Fingers crossed that they appear on the production vehicles.

cwerdna said:
For anyone who next gets to see an '18 Leaf in person, please check to see if the sun visor extenders are gone as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=505532#p505532. Turbo3 noticed it and I confirmed it.

The extenders should be gone for 18MY. Replaced by slide on rod type sunvisors. Please don't just look. Please operate them.

kovalb said:
cwerdna said:

The extenders should be gone for 18MY. Replaced by slide on rod type sunvisors. Please don't just look. Please operate them.
Interesting. I'd never heard of these and had to look it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G2h0IrM51Y.

Unfortunately, by the time I got to the '18 Leaf at the Cupertino EVent, where Turbo3 had told me about the visors, the car was locked but with its windows open. The folks running the tent didn't want the inside of their show car to get all dirty and wet from some sort of water (main?) break at De Anza. There was water flowing from a higher area all the way down and past the Nissan area.

It eventually was opened up again but I didn't think to investigate further.

I will check the next time I get to see an '18 Leaf.

Our old Honda Odyssey had slide-on-rod extenders. It works great for blocking the sun on the side (as shown i the Ford video).

In my LEAF, because of my east-west commute, I rarely use the visor on the side window. Usually the sun is at 1 o'clock and the visor extenders in my 2013 work great to help block the gap between the visor and the rear view mirror.

Back