kirkhilles
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 am

I just chatted with the Nissan EV program and they said that if my bar drops to 8 by October 1st (10 days!) I'll be covered. I asked what happens if it drops after the first and they said:

"Unfortunately, Nissan is no longer offering out of warranty assistance on LEAF batteries. We do have a program called Nissan Signature Direct which allows you to finance the cost of a new battery and make payments over time."

I guess I'll stop by the dealer either way (likely need a TSB for the grabby brakes at least) before then and see what they say. Maybe I'll luck out.
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

magico13
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 am

Looks like my data made it through, though the first few sends appeared to be giving me a SQL error on the insert, which might have been because I wasn't sending GPS data? I'm assuming a column wasn't set to allow nulls. Later on it started saying "Error 0 Status 0" instead so I'm assuming that really means "Success". Looks like 14 miles of my 18 mile commute are in there.

I'd love to see AHr as a function of model year and time. Overall efficiency maybe too (gids per mile). Pretty much whatever interesting comparisons you can come up with.
2015 SV w/ QC

kirkhilles
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am

magico13 wrote:Looks like my data made it through, though the first few sends appeared to be giving me a SQL error on the insert, which might have been because I wasn't sending GPS data? I'm assuming a column wasn't set to allow nulls. Later on it started saying "Error 0 Status 0" instead so I'm assuming that really means "Success". Looks like 14 miles of my 18 mile commute are in there.

I'd love to see AHr as a function of model year and time. Overall efficiency maybe too (gids per mile). Pretty much whatever interesting comparisons you can come up with.


Thanks! I've been refreshing and saw your data. I really appreciate it. Let me know if you get any more SQL errors: likely missing data or something I'm not accounting for.

I've added Amp Hours (you have a 2015, right?) so we can see averages and eventually as more data comes in from people be able to see a good trend.
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

I'll add my LEAF, but I won't be driving it again for a few days.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

kirkhilles
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 am

jlv wrote:I'll add my LEAF, but I won't be driving it again for a few days.


Thanks! That'd be a big help. Even if you can just have the LeafSpy Pro up while the vehicle is charging and/or On to send a single point, that'd be awesome.
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

SageBrush
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 am

kirkhilles wrote:I just chatted with the Nissan EV program and they said that if my bar drops to 8 by October 1st (10 days!) I'll be covered. I asked what happens if it drops after the first and they said:

"Unfortunately, Nissan is no longer offering out of warranty assistance on LEAF batteries. We do have a program called Nissan Signature Direct which allows you to finance the cost of a new battery and make payments over time."

I guess I'll stop by the dealer either way (likely need a TSB for the grabby brakes at least) before then and see what they say. Maybe I'll luck out.

Never believe Nissan customer support. They have elevated "clueless" to a new level. When the 9th bar drops call the Tele # provided in the link I gave you.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

sandeen
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Leaf Number: 026685
Location: Minnesota

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Hey Kirk - cool idea, though I'd like to know more about the privacy aspects; I would rather not upload vin and location, just out of an abundance of caution. That's probably more of an issue on the LeafSpy side, in terms of what it reports to the server.

Anyway, as a fellow data-head, check out the spreadsheets in my sig. I've collected a lot of data on bar loss reports from these forums, and have nearly daily data for my car since I bought it 5 months ago though not all leafspy data is recorded in the spreadsheet. I could also share the leafspy logs directly with you (probably after scrubbing the sensitive data), if that can get manually massaged into your database.
2012 SL from TX, (mfg 8/12), used, dropped to 8 bars at 43.50 Ahr, 40,601 miles. my daily stats =/= my collected data on 4-bar losers

sandeen
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Leaf Number: 026685
Location: Minnesota

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm

FWIW I also asked Nissan about the out of warranty support and got the same answer: it was a program, now it's not.
"Signature Direct" sounds pretty fancy for a "yes, you can pay full price" program. :/
2012 SL from TX, (mfg 8/12), used, dropped to 8 bars at 43.50 Ahr, 40,601 miles. my daily stats =/= my collected data on 4-bar losers

kirkhilles
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:48 pm

sandeen wrote:Hey Kirk - cool idea, though I'd like to know more about the privacy aspects; I would rather not upload vin and location, just out of an abundance of caution. That's probably more of an issue on the LeafSpy side, in terms of what it reports to the server.

Anyway, as a fellow data-head, check out the spreadsheets in my sig. I've collected a lot of data on bar loss reports from these forums, and have nearly daily data for my car since I bought it 5 months ago though not all leafspy data is recorded in the spreadsheet. I could also share the leafspy logs directly with you (probably after scrubbing the sensitive data), if that can get manually massaged into your database.


Sure, I'd love to have whatever data you can give me. Send it over and I'll work on importing it in.

You definitely should be able to filter out co-ordinates from either the phone side or Leaf Spy side. In terms of the VIN, I definitely need SOMETHING to be able to identify each vehicle uniquely and the VIN seems the best way to do that. It's also a systematically easy way to get the year of the vehicle which will be important numbers to figure out.

Thanks!
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

kirkhilles
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: LeafSpy - Aggregate Analysis Site

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:50 pm

sandeen wrote:FWIW I also asked Nissan about the out of warranty support and got the same answer: it was a program, now it's not.
"Signature Direct" sounds pretty fancy for a "yes, you can pay full price" program. :/


Yeah, I'm sure I'll be finding out as there's no way I'll drop that 9th bar in the next week but should be well under the 60k mile mark when it finally does drop. I have no choice but to try, but I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to get anywhere.
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”