2019 LEAF Nismo Preview

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

At the Tokyo Auto show this month Nissan will unveil a concept for the 2019 LEAF Nismo. Here is the press release details

LEAF NISMO Concept: Nissan''s flagship electric car meets NISMO''s driving excitement

Launched in September, the new Nissan LEAF comes with the latest iteration of Nissan''s ProPILOT single-lane autonomous driving technology. It also includes ProPILOT Park, the first technology in a Japanese-made vehicle to help drivers park by automatically controlling the accelerator, brakes, steering, shift changing and parking brake. Another feature of the new LEAF is e-Pedal, which lets the driver start, accelerate, decelerate, stop and hold the car by using only the accelerator pedal.

The NISMO Concept version of the new LEAF has a sporty new exterior designed by NISMO, Nissan''s motorsports and in-house tuning division. The application of NISMO racing technology to the car''s body results in enhanced aerodynamic performance and less lift, without sacrificing the LEAF''s excellent drag coefficient. The black interior features NISMO''s signature red accents, creating an exciting, high-performance feel.

On the road, the LEAF NISMO Concept offers a truly exciting drive. This is thanks to a sport-tuned suspension and high-performance tires, not to mention a custom-tuned computer that delivers instant acceleration at all speeds. The LEAF NISMO Concept combines the environmentally friendly character of an electric car with the exciting driving experience that''s always been a hallmark of the NISMO brand.

19LEAFnismo-01.jpg

19LEAFnismo-02.jpg

19LEAFnismo-03.jpg

19LEAFnismo-04.jpg

19LEAFnismo-05.jpg

19LEAFnismo-06.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
It's going to be pretty embarrassing when those things get blown away by box stock Bolt LTs...
You may be correct, but some cones and a course in a giant parking lot would make for a good comparison... I love my 2011 LEAF, 9 bar battery and all, but I miss the performance of a drive on rails car (which I have in my gasser).

LeftieBiker said:
It's going to be pretty embarrassing when those things get blown away by box stock Bolt LTs...

I guess it depends upon how much tweaking is done to the motor, inverter, and controllers. Electric motor in LEAF is capable of a lot more than the present electronics allow. Sign me up if they do it right and offer it here in the USA.

GerryAZ said:
LeftieBiker said:

I guess it depends upon how much tweaking is done to the motor, inverter, and controllers. Electric motor in LEAF is capable of a lot more than the present electronics allow. Sign me up if they do it right and offer it here in the USA.
I like the looks, a lot! And if they don't bring it to the US, then they don't have to worry too much about the Bolt. At least, not until GM builds RHD versions.

If I understand it correctly the motor controller will have a sort of Ludicrous Mode on it for bursts of power. I think that will be fine. Sort of an 11 on the accelerator pedal. Floor it, then push past the indent for extra power.

OrientExpress said:
If I understand it correctly the motor controller will have a sort of Ludicrous Mode on it for bursts of power. I think that will be fine. Sort of an 11 on the accelerator pedal. Floor it, then push past the indent for extra power.

Do you know if it comes with a Nismo-tuned battery capacity gauge with the bars boosted to 30% capacity each?

Maybe some nice neon undercarriage lights, too...

Actually, thinking of all those aftermarket mufflers that make loud fart-like noises that are so popular with the Japanese car crowd, maybe the Nismo Leaf could have a beefed-up VSP. What do you folks think: really loud, macho-sounding turbine-and rocket whine like the first Batmobile? Or maybe something more like the tie fighters from Star Wars...? Just please, no farting!

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe some nice neon undercarriage lights, too...

Actually, thinking of all those aftermarket mufflers that make loud fart-like noises that are so popular with the Japanese car crowd, maybe the Nismo Leaf could have a beefed-up VSP. What do you folks think: really loud, macho-sounding turbine-and rocket whine like the first Batmobile? Or maybe something more like the tie fighters from Star Wars...? Just please, no farting!

Domino's pizza safe sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA

Back