I envision a conversation happening like this some day...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichCapeCod

Conversation which will take place sometime in the future, between an older guy and a young man.

OG=Old Guy YG=Young Guy

OG You kids have no idea how good you have it. When I was your age we had to put an explosive liquid in our cars in order for them to run. Everyone did. Called it “gasoline.” A spark and that stuff would blow up!

YG No. Really?

OG Heck yes! They kept that stuff in places called filling stations. You’d have to pull your car up to one of them pumps, get out and put that stuff in your car yourself, hoping you didn’t get blowed up! And that happened from time to time!

YG You’re making this up.

OG I’m telling you, there was a time when cars didn’t get automatically recharged just by driving on the road. Them was wild days!

Another thing, if you didn’t put another liquid in the car’s engine, that stuff was called oil, the dang thing would quite running on ya. And it was up to everyone who owned a car to know when that stuff was needed. Lots of folks had no idea!

YG Dubious look on Young Guy’s face

OG And another thing. We, everyone who had a car, had to put air in our tires, which needed the air to help ‘em roll! Really. They weren’t like the ones we have now with the weird honeycomb design insides. Nope. Not only that, but if you let one or more of your tires get low, the dang car became downright dangerous!

Plus, the silly things could lose all their air at any time! No warning. Just hit something sharp and, bingo, no more driving till that was fixed. Air would just leak out, like that (snapping his fingers)!

YG (Shaking his head in disbelief)

OG Then you ain’t gonna believe me when I tell you we had to keep on replacing little light making things, called ‘em bulbs, for lighting up the road ahead. None of them whole windshield light amplification things we all use now. Heck, now, looking out the car's windscreen night’s like daylight used to be, and the only lights on the car are so other folks can see you coming.

YG Must have been pretty wild back then.

OG You could say that!

Back