Call from Nissan about experience, ordering process, etc.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmydreams

I received an email today saying that a Senior Vice President for Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management,and Total Customer Satisfaction will call me tomorrow concerning my experiences with the Leaf, the ordering process and the sale/delivery process.

Did anyone else get anything like this? And what specifics should I highlight (besides the totally useless dashboard info).....??

No, but I received two calls last week from Nissan North America CS asking about my purchasing experience. Sounds like you got escalated!

I got a similar email. Just tell them your honest opinions. Personally I was quite happy with the entire ordering process (but maybe that's because I have received my car already). While a little more detail about the status of the car would have been nice, it wasn't a big deal for me. I liked the way that Nissan did it. It gave us control and allowed us to get a better price in some situations.

-Peter

I sort of got a similar email, from Trisha Jung, Director for Nissan’s EV Sales & Marketing. A few minutes after receiving it, she sent a recall email. Maybe she's had second thoughts about me! :)

Some quick thoughts if I get such an email and/or call:

Good:
* Order process and ability to let the customer to select dealers based on pricing was great.
* the Car - it is amazing

Bad
* Having to order without even knowing what the accessories looked like was a mistake.
* Order status and expected delivery date on dashboard changing frequently and for seemingly no explained reason caused more anxiety than anything.
* Dealers with chargers are not listed on Carwings map in the car yet???? what's up with that? I know of a few missing ChargeAmerica (Coulomb) charge points that are not showing up as well.

Good :
Good car, Greate price
Letting us Reserve / Order online
Letting us select dealers (helped reduce price)

Bad :
Not getting the car in December
Terrible quality of the dashboard site
Not knowing our place in the queue (give us a serial # !)
Not knowing when the dashboard will open for RAQ (for non 8/31 people)
Never got any info from Nissan about options, accessories, leasing info (we only got to know because of this site & helpful dealers)
Exaggerated estimates etc by AV (probably doesn't apply to you since you are in EVP)
Too many changes in the est. delivery (mine changes everyday !)

Plug : It would be mutually helpful if they got involved in this site :)

malloryk said:
I sort of got a similar email, from Trisha Jung, Director for Nissan’s EV Sales & Marketing. A few minutes after receiving it, she sent a recall email. Maybe she's had second thoughts about me! :)
I like Trisha she is great to talk to and have a few beers.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Some quick thoughts if I get such an email and/or call:

Good:
* Order process and ability to let the customer to select dealers based on pricing was great.
* the Car - it is amazing

Bad
* Having to order without even knowing what the accessories looked like was a mistake.
* Order status and expected delivery date on dashboard changing frequently and for seemingly no explained reason caused more anxiety than anything.
* Dealers with chargers are not listed on Carwings map in the car yet???? what's up with that? I know of a few missing ChargeAmerica (Coulomb) charge points that are not showing up as well.
I think the same

Jimmydreams,Since you will be speaking with the Senior VP for manufacturing,supply chain etc. I believe it is fair to ask him what the projections for delivery to the U S will be for the next 6 months. I would indicate that for the ordering system to have credibility they need to be more forthcoming with delivery information. They should now be in a position to do so. He could give a minimum number and a high number if he does not want to be locked into a precise number. People who have ordered cars deserve more facts than they have been given. Even the most supportive people are becoming weary of all the uncertainities. 4 to 7 months means nothing, as many right now will probably have to wait longer than that.

As a follow up, Stevedj on the thread "Nissan Addresses Slow Leaf delivery" that his dashboard now shows May as his expected delivery date. He reserved on April 20 and his order was confirmed on 10/4/10

Gonewild said:
malloryk said:
I like Trisha she is great to talk to and have a few beers.

Or push a few cheesecake bites on... haha.

I received an email from Trisha yesterday and her and I are going to talk Monday. It will be good to have a conversation with her again. Gonewild, leaffan, and myself were able to have a couple hours of discussion with her during the Phoenix first delivery event.

Thinking out loud, Discussion Subjects:

Buggy websites and software (still buggy now), poor software design, poor database design, poor or buggy connection to AV and EVProject, much trouble with PU tariffs and EVSE installs, buggy dashboard, ordering, AV waiver, NissanUsa, Owner, CARWINGS, no demo web site for CARWINGS. Not everybody has iPhone. No charging-locations on CARWINGS, not even dealers. No battery capacity warranty. Lose 50% in one year, not covered. Incomplete charging advice, 80% vs 100%, QC vs not-QC. No charging to 90% or 95% options. End-Timer charging starts very early. Battery equulization and care not described. Original (and some current) descriptions included QC, Heater seats and steering wheel, and 6.6 kW charging (30 or better, 32 amp). Accessory descriptions and pictures lacking.

VIN info apparently not out to most insurance companies yet.

QC not available on SV, so it costs about $1600.

AV bids, lack of a second vendor. Last-minute color changes with the blue. Use of "cloth" in high-wear, high-dirt areas. No provision for spare tire as an occasional-use option. The kW usage meter(s) should replace the power-bubbles. Limited Nav coverage (not 100% 50 states and Canada ??) and functions. CARWINGS cannot use WiFi, and unknown cost after 3 years. Roadside service not described, is it functional yet (in what areas)?

garygid said:
Buggy websites and software (still buggy now), poor software design, poor database design, poor or buggy connection to AV and EVProject, much trouble with PU tariffs and EVSE installs, buggy dashboard, ordering, AV waiver, NissanUsa, Owner, CARWINGS, no demo web site for CARWINGS. Not everybody has iPhone. No charging-locations on CARWINGS, not even dealers. No battery capacity warranty. Lose 50% in one year, not covered. Incomplete charging advice, 80% vs 100%, QC vs not-QC. No charging to 90% or 95% options. End-Timer charging starts very early. Battery equulization and care not described. Original (and some current) descriptions included QC, Heater seats and steering wheel, and 6.6 kW charging (30 or better, 32 amp). Accessory descriptions and pictures lacking.

Don't you hate it when people come to your office and ask a bunch of questions you know nothing about?

I'd find out first what the specific title and expertise is of the person you are speaking with, and ask questions that fall into that domain. You're likely to have a more satisfying discussion and learn things you didn't know already. The shotgun approach will bring a lot of platitudes and "Gee, I don't know, but I can try to find out for you. (are we done yet)"

As of this morning, Jan. 22, Tucson has received no deliveries. Why? When will they begin? March?

Seat color, too light.

Expected dates of delivery ships?

(and everything about the dashboard.)

Thanks for asking for input.

I don't have much Prius experience, but yesterday I rode in a Prius Taxi (not latest gen) and quickly realized where the inside door handle cloth material on the LEAF comes from...it is an exact copy of the Prius material. Same feel and color. It was of course very dirty in that Prius. Too bad Nissan could not improve on that design.

Well, Bill and I spoke for almost a half an hour. Some of the highlights:

I told him that re: chargers 'automatically showing' on the GPS....not even showing Nissan Dealers as charging stations was a big fail.
I told him the interior will get dirty and leather/other options would be nice.
Suggested a light in the front charger-port.
Told him Nissan/AV evse program was a fail. AV was gouging customers.
Talked about the LACK of information on the website. "Pending" is annoying. Customer CHAT is filled with disinformation. Nissan can do MUCH better.
We want SOC display.
We want charge-timer options besides 80% or 100%.
Talked about how FUD can damage EVC image and how Nissan REALLY needs to include the initial users in as many areas as possible since we are their best ambassadors.
I didn't ask WHY the delays (he wouldn't have told me anyway) but I told him how damaging silence is. Initial customer base is highly educated and very motivated...don't try and BS us.

I'm sure there was more, but he actually woke me up so I had to wing it with no coffee. :? If I remember more specifics, I'll let you know.

EVDRIVER said:
Did he make any comments?

He was definitely taking notes. I DEFINITELY didn't get the impression that the call was fluff. They seem genuinely interested.

I was also asked if I would be willing to be available for future events or 'information' or however he put it. I said absolutely. I think Nissan is trying to include the initial users as their EV advisory board type thing. A bit late to the dance, maybe, but appreciated nonetheless.

Back