SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: Good Will Program over--Lost 4th bar 10 days after warranty expired, Nissan: 'too bad'

Wed May 30, 2018 8:34 pm

GerryAZ wrote: As far as insurance is concerned if you spend the money for a new battery--look in to a declared value policy. In my case, the 2011 was totaled a little over a year after the battery was replaced. Since the crash was not my fault, I was able to argue with the other driver's insurance company to get at least some reimbursement above the book value by arguing that it was worth mor than others in my climate because the battery had been replaced.
I had never heard about a 'declared value policy,' but why not. As I said earlier, if you pay enough, someone will offer insurance.

However, am I correct in saying that it is only relevant to comp/collision claims ?
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

IssacZachary
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 420789

Re: Good Will Program over--Lost 4th bar 10 days after warranty expired, Nissan: 'too bad'

Thu May 31, 2018 1:46 pm

SageBrush wrote:I had never heard about a 'declared value policy,' but why not. As I said earlier, if you pay enough, someone will offer insurance.

However, am I correct in saying that it is only relevant to comp/collision claims ?

I've looked into that kind of insurance for my Classic Beetle (another car I want to sell this summer). A car like that can be worth anywhere from $100 to $25,000. I knew of a guy that put a lot of money into restoring his Beetle and then got clobbered by a pickup at an intersection. He survived, but the car was declared totaled and the insurance offered him only $600 for it. With a declared value policy he could have got what he thought the car was worth or even have had it repaired at a body shop.
2013 SL SOLD :cry:
1972 VW Beetle SOLD :cry:
1984 VW Golf diesel CURRENT :x
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid CONTEMPLATING :shock:

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”