LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Thinking of buying a leaf

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:45 pm

The one with steel wheels and no Nav is an S. It also has no heatpump, no remote access, and no cruise control. You'll also want to check both cars for a backup cam, as that was entirely optional in 2013.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

truckinusa
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2017

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:The one with steel wheels and no Nav is an S. It also has no heatpump, no remote access, and no cruise control. You'll also want to check both cars for a backup cam, as that was entirely optional in 2013.

How do you identify that? It says online that it is a SV? I believe what you are saying though.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:26 pm

If it has NAV, it is a SV or SL with a heat pump and remote access. If no NAV, it is a S with no heat pump or remote access.

The QC port is nice to have, but whether or not it is useful depends on where the car will live. I have a QC port on my SV, but have not used it once in almost three years. Now that I have a new battery, the need for it is even less, especially since I don't try to do long-distance travel in the Leaf.

It if has a backup camera, you will see it in the canopy right above the license plate. They are nice to have, but I do quite well without it. I find them a distraction, as people tend to focus on the screen and not pay proper attention to the mirrors and windows while backing up.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

truckinusa
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2017

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:41 pm

baustin wrote:If it has NAV, it is a SV or SL with a heat pump and remote access. If no NAV, it is a S with no heat pump or remote access.

The QC port is nice to have, but whether or not it is useful depends on where the car will live. I have a QC port on my SV, but have not used it once in almost three years. Now that I have a new battery, the need for it is even less, especially since I don't try to do long-distance travel in the Leaf.

It if has a backup camera, you will see it in the canopy right above the license plate. They are nice to have, but I do quite well without it. I find them a distraction, as people tend to focus on the screen and not pay proper attention to the mirrors and windows while backing up.

There is a battery manufacturer near my work and a charging station at the local gas station. The battery company has free charging. The gas station charges some sort of fee. It is called "ATC Drivetrain North" on plugshare if you wanna check out the pics.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”