QC, improved stats, lost a bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skhmc

Just wanted to let everyone know about an odd situation that just happened to me.

'13 Leaf SV build date 9/13, lost first bar over the summer here in Vegas. Drifted down further to about 50 Ahr with 68% Hx. Was waiting to drop the 11th bar when the weather cooled off and the stats starting going back up. Got back up to 51 Ahr and 70% Hx. Decided to QC, partially because I had to and partially because I had heard it can bump your stats up. Figured it wouldn't hurt to have extended range for the winter.

Started the car after the QC. LeafSpyPro showed 51.5 Ahr and Hx at 71%. Great! Stats up even further.

Then I glanced at the dashboard, and that's when I noticed I had lost my 11th bar. Yup, that's right, increased stats but lost a bar. Now, I know this actually means nothing as far as usable range, but it seems odd.

That is around the same area I lost my first bar. Cold weather does slow down the bar drop, but it doesn't really get that cold here in Vegas for a long enough period to slow the drop rate much. QC does temporarily improve the battery stats, but it doesn't provide long-term improvement for the battery health. Keeping the cells balanced will do more good for battery health, just don't let it sit at 100% for extended periods, and avoid charging during the heat of the day unless absolutely necessary.

That's little odd, but I see the 2nd responder also says he/she lots it around the same time. What does the local service dealership say about it?

Back