The Power of Induction?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I just finished reading an intriguing article in "The Economist" magazine about wireless, induction charging of electric vehicles, that seems like a wonderful idea and is really ramping up for real-world practical applications. So I wonder if any here have heard about Nissan possibly moving in this direction and fitting pickups to their future EVs?

It's wasteful of energy even though it's more convenient. I'm also a little leery of broadcasting that much power even over short distances. Tesla would have loved it, however. ;-)

Can you please tell us the date and page number of the magazine you are reading? I've downloaded the past three issues and still not found it.

My brother-in-law who works in nuclear electronics says it can be done quite efficiently. The problem is the cost.

On a similar yet very different note it would be great it they dropped the idea of carrying a battery around and just put induction coils in all roads and highways and then added a few super conductors to your car and you could forget tires and wheels and levitate your car. Zero rolling resistance.

RegGuheert said:
Can you please tell us the date and page number of the magazine you are reading? I've downloaded the past three issues and still not found it.
It's the Oct 28th-Nov 3rd issue. Page 75 (I'm a bit behind in my reading) :roll:

Back