Garba
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:26 pm

Has anyone looked at other EVs which are cheaper to lease like Kia Soul EV?
Santa Clara, CA
2015 Leaf S

mihird
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:48 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2013
Location: East Bay CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 pm

I have....question is, do you want a 31Kwh/111 mile range battery in 2018? The Kia Soul is much better priced than the 2018 Leaf/Bolt..

The 30Kwh cars are going to be obsolete very soon...Kia has a PHEV (Nero) which is as competitively priced as the Soul, but then that's a PHEV - different vehicle altogether...

Kia could be bringing a 40Kwh/63Kwh version(s) of the Kia Nero in pure Electric later this summer...

Also the 2018 Chevy Volt is more competitively priced than the 2018 Bolt/Leaf. Again a PHEV though..
Last edited by mihird on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Leaf : 2013 SV (2013-2016) acquired - Feb 2013 (Slate Grey)
2nd Leaf : 2016 SV (2016-?) acquired - Jan 2016 (Electric Blue)
3rd Leaf : 2015 SV (2016-2018) - acquired - Jun 2016 (Black)
4th Leaf : 2018 SV (2018-?) acquired - Jun 2018 (Scarlet Ember)

Blzlovr
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 am
Delivery Date: 21 Dec 2014
Leaf Number: 315633
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 pm

My stickers will expire at the end of the year for my 2015 Leaf, but I didn't use the carpool lane very much, I drive too slow. I'll still have the free 91 tollroad access.

From the CA Clean Air website:
22. Q: My vehicle was eligible and issued clean air decals prior to January 1, 2017; can I apply for new decals after January 1, 2019, when my white or green decal expires?

A: No. Under the new CAV program, vehicles that were issued CAV decals prior to January 1, 2017, are no longer eligible to receive new decals after January 1, 2019, (California Vehicle Code 5205.5).
2015 Nissan Leaf S - Gun Metallic
Quick Charge Port
Riverside, CA

GlennD
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jul 2013
Leaf Number: 410357
Location: Anaheim

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 am

Blzlovr wrote:My stickers will expire at the end of the year for my 2015 Leaf, but I didn't use the carpool lane very much, I drive too slow. I'll still have the free 91 tollroad access.

From the CA Clean Air website:
22. Q: My vehicle was eligible and issued clean air decals prior to January 1, 2017; can I apply for new decals after January 1, 2019, when my white or green decal expires?

A: No. Under the new CAV program, vehicles that were issued CAV decals prior to January 1, 2017, are no longer eligible to receive new decals after January 1, 2019, (California Vehicle Code 5205.5).


Knowing that the stickers are short lived I did not bother to apply. In my previous B I only used the carpool lanes once.

I no longer drive the freeways like I used to when I was working.
2012 Cayenne Red SL traded for:
2013 Pearl White SL Premium
Traded for a Cirrus White 2014 Mercedes B (totaled)
2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL w/ drive assist
Loved the VW but it sat too low for my old body
Back to a Cirrus White 2017 B250e

Garba
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 am

mihird wrote:I have....question is, do you want a 31Kwh/111 mile range battery in 2018? The Kia Soul is much better priced than the 2018 Leaf/Bolt..

The 30Kwh cars are going to be obsolete very soon...Kia has a PHEV (Nero) which is as competitively priced as the Soul, but then that's a PHEV - different vehicle altogether...

Kia could be bringing a 40Kwh/63Kwh version(s) of the Kia Nero in pure Electric later this summer...

Also the 2018 Chevy Volt is more competitively priced than the 2018 Bolt/Leaf. Again a PHEV though..


Is 2018 Chevy Volt eligible for the new red HOV sticker?
Santa Clara, CA
2015 Leaf S

cwerdna
Posts: 8095
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Garba wrote:Is 2018 Chevy Volt eligible for the new red HOV sticker?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DarthPuppy
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2013

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Blzlovr wrote: I'll still have the free 91 tollroad access.


So the white stickers will still be valid for the free tollroad access past 12/31/18 even though not valid for HOV use? :roll:
'13 Leaf SL
'18 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV

Garba
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 pm

What are most folks planning to do to avoid losing HOV access?
Santa Clara, CA
2015 Leaf S

DarthPuppy
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2013

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm

My plan? New car. :D

Just this weekend I got the new red stickers. I'm supposed to be able to renew in January. Hopefully that renewal is a simple online matter and extends the life of the stickers I now have, rather than have to wait for new stickers and replace the stickers that are now on the car. It took DMV 38 days to get my stickers to me. I imagine they will get flooded in January...
'13 Leaf SL
'18 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV

Garba
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:56 am

DarthPuppy wrote:My plan? New car. :D

Just this weekend I got the new red stickers. I'm supposed to be able to renew in January. Hopefully that renewal is a simple online matter and extends the life of the stickers I now have, rather than have to wait for new stickers and replace the stickers that are now on the car. It took DMV 38 days to get my stickers to me. I imagine they will get flooded in January...


Your signature suggests that you bought/leased Honda Clarity. Can you post the details of the purchase/lease and which dealer you went with?
Santa Clara, CA
2015 Leaf S

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”