Blzlovr
Delivery Date: 21 Dec 2014
Leaf Number: 315633

Re: CA HOV Stickers Expiring Year End?

Sun May 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Yes, as long as you have the transponder.

DarthPuppy wrote:
Blzlovr wrote: I'll still have the free 91 tollroad access.

So the white stickers will still be valid for the free tollroad access past 12/31/18 even though not valid for HOV use? :roll:
2015 Nissan Leaf S - Gun Metallic
Quick Charge Port
Riverside, CA

akat

Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 pm

What's the point of introducing a new color sticker now if it is going to expire end of the year and has to be removed and replaced with a new sticker? Couldn't they have just continued the existing colors until end of the year?

Also, if just keeping up with regular EV/PHEV purchases takes 6-8 weeks now (to issue new decals), how long will it take at the end of the year to issue new stickers to 2 years worth of vehicles?

DarthPuppy
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2013

Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 pm

akat wrote:What's the point of introducing a new color sticker now if it is going to expire end of the year and has to be removed and replaced with a new sticker? Couldn't they have just continued the existing colors until end of the year?

Also, if just keeping up with regular EV/PHEV purchases takes 6-8 weeks now (to issue new decals), how long will it take at the end of the year to issue new stickers to 2 years worth of vehicles?

I concur. It makes much more sense to have the new red stickers go the full period as there is no sense in introducing the red stickers now if they have to be replaced in January. But the paper that came with it clearly says it expires end of year, which means it is only good for less than 1 year. I do hope they will have a simple online renewal that allows printing out a new paper granting the 3 year extension and no new sticker. But this is the government we are talking about, so I wouldn't count on anything sensible or efficient.
'13 Leaf SL
'18 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”