tagleader wrote:My new app didn't update from the car every since the new app was installed, it took a few steps for me to get it working on my 2014 LEAF:
1) Carwings settings in the LEAF - erase password and retype it and 'send' (can get the pin/password from the Carwings/NissanConnect EV website)
2) pull the 'Audio' fuse to reset the 3G module (20A fuse in box to left of 12V battery)
3) start the Leaf so it would connect to the center
4) log into Carwings website and 'Refresh status'. That successfully updated the website from the car
5) refresh the status from the iPhone app. Finally the app gave a correct status (unplugged, 100% charged, status time updated)
I don't know which of these was the final solution, but I had tried everything except #2 with no success in the last couple of days.
Hopefully it will keep working from this point...
That's nice that you got it working, but unfortunately we have no idea if the "new" app was really the problem.
Based on my experience, I suspect #2 above (which you said you had not done previously) fix the "problem"...which was probably that the TCU timed out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's no way that simply changing/updating the app would require #1 (or even #4). If so, then you would have to do this every time we used a 3rd party app; all that should ever be required is a log-in (whether it's an app/web/etc.)