New Alexa NissanConnect EV skill is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersleeper

And it works, sorta... the fact that you have to say “Alexa, ask nissanconnect ev battery status” is kinda wordy, and seems to register about once every five tries. Seems easier to just open up the app on the phone. Hopefully there will be updates and improvements to make it easier and work soother.

Yeah, saw the topic of the app. Really is a separate topic though. Alexa skill is an entirely different thing and doesn't rely on the app. They call it the same thing for consistency's sake.

This strikes me as something they should have also done a smart home skill for, and exposed the climate control and charging as switches... then it would just be “turn on car heater” without having to reference the skill.

But hey, we don’t even get it in the UK, so say Nissan’s Twitter account. Count your blessings!

Thanks for the post. I don't know much about Alexa skills, I just use it to play music. Is there something I have to set up in the Alexa app to set it up? Thanks.

Search for "Nissan" in the Alexa app and pick out the EV skill, it'll likely ask you to then connect it up to your Nissan account. That should be it.

BenWoodford said:
Search for "Nissan" in the Alexa app and pick out the EV skill, it'll likely ask you to then connect it up to your Nissan account. That should be it.

Thanks very much. I did that. It did set up correctly. I tried checking the battery status with Alexa. She thought about it for a while (20 seconds?), and then said that my request was sent successfully and to check back later? Anyway, I can't see myself memorizing the commands to do different things, too wordy and slow. I hope it gets better.

Well, I noticed it no longer worked. I went into the Alexa app, and the skill was gone. Skill is also not in the store any longer. I guess they threw in the towel.

Back