Email - "Nissan welcomes you on an exciting new journey"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
thank you for choosing the new way to drive.

Dear MICHAEL,
Congratulations on your new Nissan LEAF™!
Welcome. We want to thank you for choosing Nissan and for joining a zero-emission* revolution. You're getting behind the wheel of your first 100% electric vehicle and, as the miles roll by, we want you to continue to enjoy all the comfort, safety and technology your new Nissan LEAF was designed to deliver.

As someone who's leading the way, you won't be going it alone. That's why we're here. We'll be sending you regular updates and tips to help maximize your enjoyment of your Nissan LEAF.

a new way to control.
Your new Nissan LEAF includes CARWINGS†. Through this service, you have the power to maximize your Nissan LEAF experience by being able to check your car's status, activate charging, and even send climate control commands remotely from your computer or smart phone. Click here to download the app now.

You'll also receive map updates of nearby charging stations sent directly to your navigation system. Simply register online at My Nissan to enjoy all the convenience and security that CARWINGS has to offer.

a new way to connect.
We also want to make sure that you get information about your Nissan LEAF the way you want it. When you register your Nissan LEAF online, you'll get to choose what type of communication method you'd prefer to receive. Click here to register and to choose your communication preferences.

a new way to service.
Your new car is different from most vehicles on the road. So the way you look after it will be different as well. We suggest a dealership service visit every six months where we'll look at things like battery optimization, suspension, tires and generally give your Nissan LEAF a good once-over. We'll send you a maintenance reminder when you approach your 6-month interval.

There's more to come. Stay tuned for updates, service reminders, info and tips that will help you get the most out of your Nissan LEAF.

Interesting. I received that email a week ago, except for me the special links they included all went to the login screen and then didn't go anywhere once I logged in....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2458

Do the links work now for you? I'll have to re-try them again....

Randy said:
Interesting. I received that email a week ago, except for me the special links they included all went to the login screen and then didn't go anywhere once I logged in....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2458

Do the links work now for you? I'll have to re-try them again....

I can't even login without making an account. And I've been reluctant to do that going back to when the OP went active because I don't want to goof up my login for it in anyway.

Guess I should be glad that EVDRIVER isn't up and about yet to lambast me for starting a new thread. :lol:

mwalsh said:
Guess I should be glad that EVDRIVER isn't up and about yet to lambast me for starting a new thread. :lol:
Ya know, I've noticed that. While I can appreciate the desire to keep a clean and tidy site, I've never seen a place so anal about re-using old threads. He'd better be careful or he's going to wind up alienating the very community he's trying to foster. Putting threads in the proper categories? Sure. But insisting that we re-use existing threads instead of making new ones is just crazy...

MrZorg said:
mwalsh said:
Ya know, I've noticed that. While I can appreciate the desire to keep a clean and tidy site, I've never seen a place so anal about re-using old threads. He'd better be careful or he's going to wind up alienating the very community he's trying to foster. Putting threads in the proper categories? Sure. But insisting that we re-use existing threads instead of making new ones is just crazy...

Sometimes threads start to go on tangents and the real conversation gets buried on page 17 of 35. Unless you are familiar with every thread, most people don't have the time to check if that particular topic has been discussed before. Sometimes it's better to start a new thread then trying to revive an old 30 pager.

Being a moderator on some other forums myself, I can understand the need to keep forums tidy, but over moderation can really discourage people posting all together. At that point a forum becomes a library.

Here is the bottom line guys, we have people starting threads on their first post that have multiple threads. Any new member can ask a question on any thread and it will get answered. The forum is growing fast and new members complain constantly about finding things. If people kept threads somewhat organized it would be a better forum and easier to follow. I was a mod on the APtera forum and for some reason we only deleted spam and I never locked a thread. If you want a good forum experience for yourself and others then use common sense and don't start threads on every trivial item. The above topic seems interesting but it would be easier for one thread "Nissan Customer Communications" rather than a new thread on every email with twenty topics under it and other communications. Unfortunately some put no effort into their posts and we have to become a bit more strict lately. People can complain or try to make things a bit better, as a mod it gets old and I would be glad to just let it ride and save the energy.

pksd1 said:
MrZorg said:
mwalsh said:

Sometimes threads start to go on tangents and the real conversation gets buried on page 17 of 35. Unless you are familiar with every thread, most people don't have the time to check if that particular topic has been discussed before. Sometimes it's better to start a new thread then trying to revive an old 30 pager.

Being a moderator on some other forums myself, I can understand the need to keep forums tidy, but over moderation can really discourage people posting all together. At that point a forum becomes a library.

I've always been a proponent of thinking in moderation.

I have never deleted a member post or restricted free speech. We don't need to over moderate, just use common sense everyone, think before posting. There are some here that think threads are twitter and this forum is going to get busy soon, watch. I don't go to a new forum and start a thread on the first post out of courtesy, if I have a question I ask it in a related or any other active thread and members or mods will answer or direct me to the topic. Frankly, some are plain lazy and don't even read a post and just start a thread. Many forums restrict new threads unless a member has a few posts. any member that uses common sense here will get the info they want and not be frustrated, people scour these posts every minute so just post anywhere, you WILL get your answer. Let's not make this Twitter:)

garygid said:
Maybe some moderator should move these OFF-TOPIC posts to some other thread where they would be ON-TOPIC?

Gary, perhaps you would like to help out?

Back