Leaf 2018 spare tire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riniboo

Leaf 2018 doesn't come with spare tire, I am thinking to buy a donut type spare tire for emergency. Has anyone bought one that is compatible with 2018 leaf? I did some search, most tire places only sell full size tires + rims. Anyone has the Tire code PXXX/YY RZZ and bolt pattern for reference? hub centric steel rim? That would be really appreciated. My assumption bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5", correct me if I am wrong.

It should be the same size as the other Leaf models. Search the forum, there are several threads on this. A donut spare for a similar year Altima should work, if I remember correctly.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/nissan/leaf/2018/

Should be all the specs you need. It appears to be identical to my 2013 LEAF.

Good to know, as I have a set of 17" Juke wheels that I got for snow tires for my 2013, but never used. They will be getting Nokians when they go on sale this Summer.

Looks like the CB is the same for the Juke, as is the bolt pattern and spacing. Just check the offset, a little bigger would be OK, but smaller would likely cause the capilers to rub

I'd like to say that you can trust my memory, but you can't. ;-) However, I did buy the wheels not long after I installed my spare, so hopefully my recollection (which is that the Juke wheels are the exact same ones found on the later Leaf SL, is correct.

BTW, I will almost certainly be selling my 16" Altima spare, plus the plywood hinged false floor I made to cover it, but not the tire hold-down bolt/bracket I improvised. It would be hard to ship them, but not impossible.

re: plywood cover.

I notice on my 2015 that if you look above the plastic rear bottom cover there is a pretty big cavity, as if...... I wonder if anyone has found a way to stow a temp spare tire in there.

Also, has anyone actually used this foam tire fill successfully ?

pipestem said:
re: plywood cover.

I notice on my 2015 that if you look above the plastic rear bottom cover there is a pretty big cavity, as if...... I wonder if anyone has found a way to stow a temp spare tire in there.

Also, has anyone actually used this foam tire fill successfully ?

The Leafs sold in Australia had a spare in that empty space, and Nissan made a bracket for that, but IIRC you can't buy it here.

Back