seonachan
Leaf Number: 314779

Re: THINKING OF BUYING HONDA CLARITY PLUG-IN HYBRID

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Got a Clarity a month ago, replacing a Subaru Outback that was always finding new and expensive ways to break down. We already have a '15 Leaf. So now we have 2 cars that work as all-electrics for our commutes and local driving, plus a roomy family car for longer trips that gets almost 20 mpg better than the car it replaced.

We've had no problems plugging in at home, work, or at other public stations. It's a bigger car than I'm used to, with a very cushy comfortable ride. No complaints at all in the admittedly small sample size of 1 month of driving. With no bigger long-range BEV in our price range, one of the big draws for me was the 47-mile AER, which guarantees an all-electric commute even in the winter - something that would be iffy at best with other similar-sized PHEVs (Outlander, Pacifica, Fusion, Sonata etc).

Got a lease with good incentives: $7500 price reduction, plus $2500 MA state rebate. Residual is under $16k so if we still like it in 3 years it will be an affordable option.
2015 S w/QC

Storksb
Delivery Date: 09 May 2018

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 am

DarthPuppy wrote:Congrats on the new Leaf. I believe both are excellent choices. Sorry to hear that in your location the extra financial incentives weren't there for the Clarity. But both cars should work well.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the Leaf a lot. Taking a little getting used to all the options but a very nice car. My wife has a 2016 Leaf SV so not a totally new experience but what is new is no longer having an ICE powered car in the household.

DarthPuppy
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2013

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Ooh, nice to hear about the 100% EV households. While we've now changed 2 of the family's ICEVs out with electrified of some form, we are still a long way from an ideal allocation. We are the most advanced in our little subdivision so I do feel good about that. But still room for improvement. When each ICEV comes due for replacement, I will continue to lean toward electrification. But the next replacement is not likely to happen for a while - our Toyota hybrid will probably endure for a good bit longer.
'13 Leaf SL
'18 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”