2013 Leaf: is the regenerative braking adjustable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnKuthe

Hello,

I've been driving my 2013 Nissan Leaf for almost a year now, and I had an opportunity to test drive A Tesla X and a Tesla S, and BOTH had much more aggressive regenerative BRAKING, like when I took my foot OFF the acceleration pedal, it FELT like the brakes had been left ON while driving as I slowed the car MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVELY!!

Is there a way in a 2103 Nissan Leaf to step UP the aggressiveness of the regen braking? Seems like there SHOULD BE?

Namaste

John Kuthe...

Eco mode, that's it. Nissan does not use the full capacity of the motor for regen.

"B-Mode" provides stronger regeneration than ECO, but I am not sure if it was implemented for 2013. My 2015 has both B and D modes (selected with shifter) and ECO (selected with button on steering wheel). My 2011 had only ECO or D (selected with shifter). Regeneration is limited to less than half of what the motor is physically and electrically capable of, even on 2015 in B mode combined with ECO.

GerryAZ said:
"B-Mode" provides stronger regeneration than ECO, but I am not sure if it was implemented for 2013......
Yes, '13 was the first year of a Leaf with "B" mode, and you had to get the SV or SL, S models only had ECO which while it does have more regen than not, still not as much as B mode on Leafs that have it.

Back