Over 100k?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui314

Can’t find much info on high mileage Leafs here. Can someone point me to a thread about high mileage issues, not including batteries?

Maui314 said:
Can’t find much info on high mileage Leafs here. Can someone point me to a thread about high mileage issues, not including batteries?

Not sure you're going to find any issues other than batteries (both main traction and 12v)!

Did you have a specific concern or were you just worried that the "no maintenance" claim is just too good to be true?

I'm at 96k.

Battery degredation is horrible. And as that happens, Nissan reduces the car's ability to Regen. The result of that is that the friction brakes must be used more. I finally had to replace my original brake pads last month.

The front antiroll bar bushings creak in cold weather. I really should replace them, and was planning to do so (they're quite inexpensive), but that requires that you drop the entire motor and front axle! So, that's not getting done, ever.

I think that all the fluids should have been changed at or before the 100K mark...

Brake fluid - all reservoir and lines flushed and refilled
Transmission fluid - changed very easy..
Antifreeze

Back