Seatcover Recomendation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
I bought a 2018 SV with dark cloth seats. My dog’s white hair is really showing up on the seats. My traded 15 SL had leather seats and dog hair didn’t stick to it.

Looking for recomendation of decent seat covers where short white dog hairs won’t stick to it.

My truck has Carhart canvas cloth covers and that works pretty good. Hair doesn’t stick to it.

Flyct said:
I bought a 2018 SV with dark cloth seats. My dog’s white hair is really showing up on the seats. My traded 15 SL had leather seats and dog hair didn’t stick to it.

Looking for recomendation of decent seat covers where short white dog hairs won’t stick to it.

My truck has Carhart canvas cloth covers and that works pretty good. Hair doesn’t stick to it.

My Leaf has https://katzkin.com/ aftermarket leather. Really like it--looks like the factory leather, but better. Way better than a seat cover, but not cheap. I think it's probably around $2000-$3000 to do a whole car.

One warning is that if you put Katzkin on and you have a problem with the passenger occupancy airbag sensor, it gets complicated. I've had a hell of a time getting it repaired--I can't just buy a replacement seat from a junkyard (because cloth won't match my leather), the dealership has to perform any seat repairs/swaps (because the airbag has to be matched to the car), interior shops won't work with the non-original seat installed in the car (so getting new leather on is difficult), and repairing the sensor is a $3000 repair. Aside from those downsides, I really like the interior--I didn't even realize it was aftermarket until all this happened--that's how good it looks. Basically, I now drive my leaf with an airbag light blinking because there's no economical repair.

I chose the Wet Okole covers, mainly for durability. I'm not sure where it falls on your "dog hair sticking" scale, but they seem to clean up easily enough and our American Mastiff generates copious amounts of dog-hair. When I want to get them clean, I use a vacuum attachment with a rotary brush. The other anti-dog-hair mechanism is that I chose one of the "realtree" camouflage patterns which make existing dog hair and dirt less visible.

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats? I used seat covers all the time on my last car and loved them, but have been hesitant to use them on the Leaf because of its heated seats.

Are there brands or types that are okay to use on Leafs? Mine is a 2013 SV.

I also love my https://www.wetokole.com/ seatcovers for both of my cars and love them. They fit well and clean easily. However I do not have a dog to vouch for how they would react to the dog hair. I have seen an occasional hair get "stuck" on the seat that my vacuum did not remove. I had to pull it out by hand. However my vacuum does not have the rotary brush like Nubo's.

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats?

Absolutely! My Wet Okole seat covers have not shown any damage from the seat created from the heated seats. I would think the seat covers/car gets hotter during the summer months sitting in the sun.

Many brands make custom fit seat covers for the 2013 Nissan Leaf. The should all be "okay" to use. It is just a matter of preference and budget.

Darryl said:
I also love my https://www.wetokole.com/ seatcovers for both of my cars and love them. They fit well and clean easily. However I do not have a dog to vouch for how they would react to the dog hair. I have seen an occasional hair get "stuck" on the seat that my vacuum did not remove. I had to pull it out by hand. However my vacuum does not have the rotary brush like Nubo's.

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats?

Absolutely! My Wet Okole seat covers have not shown any damage from the seat created from the heated seats. I would think the seat covers/car gets hotter during the summer months sitting in the sun.

Many brands make custom fit seat covers for the 2013 Nissan Leaf. The should all be "okay" to use. It is just a matter of preference and budget.

Thanks. I don't think the concern is that the seat covers would take damage, but that somehow it would be bad for the seat heater. Not sure though. I'll take a look around.

I have Coverking Cordura Ballistic Custom Seat Covers on the rear. Work great, fit well. All seat belts are still easily accessible.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
We build upon the sand, and the older we become, the more unstable this foundation becomes.
All the best, Mathee it companies in uae

Most if not all of the seat cover companies are still using the 2017 Gen 1.5 seat covers. I can say from experience that if you have the Tech Package those won't fit the power driver's seat well.

I have custom seat covers on my 2017 LEAF SV ... now looking at upgrading to a 2020 SV Plus. Has anyone migrated their seat covers from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2? The covers I have are in awesome shape and I'd like to move them into the new car if they fit.

COEV said:
I have custom seat covers on my 2017 LEAF SV ... now looking at upgrading to a 2020 SV Plus. Has anyone migrated their seat covers from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2? The covers I have are in awesome shape and I'd like to move them into the new car if they fit.

Does the 2020 have the Tech package?

Looking at Tech package, yes. The 8way seats cause an issue? Even if just the rear seats fit it would probably be worth the effort of moving them ... just to keep my kids from trashing them.

COEV said:
Looking at Tech package, yes. The 8way seats cause an issue? Even if just the rear seats fit it would probably be worth the effort of moving them ... just to keep my kids from trashing them.

I bought a set of Gen I Leaf front seat covers used. The passenger side fits ok. The driver's side is hard to install on the power seat because it's very hard to get anything passed under the seat from the rear to the front, and the fit isn't great. It does work well enough - I'm using it. I can't say if the rear set will fit, but my guess is that it will.

Back