Dealerships just plain SUCK!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacecoastbill

I went into the Avondale AZ Nissan dealership this AM at 7:00. Their service dept opened at 7:30.

I told them my TPU was a 2G and disabled and I needed it upgraded to the 3G version so I could communicate with the app.

I sat there for 4 hours. The service advisor said it was all done.

I got home and could not connect so I called Nissan Connect tech support. He said it does not appear that the dealership got the upgrade done.

I called the dealership and I asked the service advisor if they upgraded it and he said that they followed the procedure from the service bulletin and it was all done. I asked him to talk to the guy that did the work and ask if he notified Nissan that they upgraded the unit.

An hour later the service manager called me and said there must have been a misunderstanding, they thought I had asked for the unit to be disabled.

SO it took 4 hours and they didnt do a damn thing.

Misunderstanding?.... no, it was a lie.

Spacecoastbill said:
I went into the Avondale AZ Nissan dealership this AM at 7:00. Their service dept opened at 7:30.

I told them my TPU was a 2G and disabled and I needed it upgraded to the 3G version so I could communicate with the app.

I sat there for 4 hours. The service advisor said it was all done.

I got home and could not connect so I called Nissan Connect tech support. He said it does not appear that the dealership got the upgrade done.

I called the dealership and I asked the service advisor if they upgraded it and he said that they followed the procedure from the service bulletin and it was all done. I asked him to talk to the guy that did the work and ask if he notified Nissan that they upgraded the unit.

An hour later the service manager called me and said there must have been a misunderstanding, they thought I had asked for the unit to be disabled.

SO it took 4 hours and they didnt do a damn thing.

Misunderstanding?.... no, it was a lie.

I got one for ya! My son had his upgraded to 3G. Than later, he had taken it in for something else, and they disabled his 3G thinking it was 2G. That was MORE STUPID!

I brought mine in for service to have the snow tires replaced with all seasons, and the cabin filter changed. They "lost" my snows and didn't seem inclined to look for them until I insisted. (Then they "found" them.) They didn't replace the filter but charged me for it. How do I know? They left the new filter I brought with me in the car as proof.

Agree;

Did a service at Nissan Crawley Dealer
Did MOT (yearly inspection) the next day and it failed due rear license plate bulbs not working :shock:

On the Nissan Dealer Service Inspection Sheet; Lights were ticked as checked and OK

Go figure :evil:

Glad it was the last Nissan visit as next year the lease runs out and the Leaf goes back, can't wait

Ha 4 hours! Try 7 months. Took me about a dozen trips including hours on the phone with Nissan service myself and emails because nobody had any idea what was going on. And they had to replace the unit twice according to them. Yeah dealerships suck, that's why you buy a reliable car in the first place to minimize your time there. My Nissan has only been there to charge for free after hours with the CHAdeMO, get my free car washes sometimes, and then the 3G upgrade.

This nonsense needs to be addressed by the National Auto Dealers Association before they are allowed to continue fighting Tesla to have company owned stores.

Went back yesterday. Only took them 2 hours and 45 minutes to get it installed. On the bright side I did get them to program the extra keyfob I bought off Ebay for no charge.

Spacecoastbill said:
SageBrush said:
Did you review the work order before authorizing the work ?
I told him that it was disabled and I needed it enabled to communicate with the NissanEV app.
So No.

Now you know: review the work order ! It is the contract between you and the dealership.

SageBrush said:
Spacecoastbill said:
SageBrush said:
Did you review the work order before authorizing the work ?
I told him that it was disabled and I needed it enabled to communicate with the NissanEV app.
So No.

Now you know: review the work order ! It is the contract between you and the dealership.

Here, typically you dont see anything as they type it into the computer and then only come to you with a cost estimate that has the work listed on it. In this case, there was no charge so they never came to me with that.

Spacecoastbill said:
SageBrush said:
Spacecoastbill said:
So No.

Here, typically you dont see anything as they type it into the computer and then only come to you with a cost estimate that has the work listed on it. In this case, there was no charge so they never came to me with that.
There is a charge all right, though you may not be paying.

They cannot work on your car without your approval. READ what the anticipated work will be.

SageBrush said:
Spacecoastbill said:
SageBrush said:
So No.

There is a charge all right, though you may not be paying.

They cannot work on your car without your approval. READ what the anticipated work will be.

Well, then they did what Nissan paid them to do.

Back