Heater / AC hack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersleeper

This may seam like a super silly hack, but might be worthwhile. Consider heating only 1/3 your cabin vs 100% of your cabin. How? Shower curtain! :D :lol:

Place a clear $10 Amazon shower curtain right behind the driver seat with magnets to hold it up. Your cabin will heat or cool in 1/3 the time, and in turn, increase efficiency of energy usage. I’d actually cut it to size so that it is a custom fit end-end without wrinkles or folds.

No seriously, joking aside, I think it might be something to consider for those particularly living in harsh weather.

I've considered that with my old Leaf, mentioned it once or twice, but never pursued the idea. Good job. It will be interesting to see if it fogs in Winter.

LeftieBiker said:
I've considered that with my old Leaf, mentioned it once or twice, but never pursued the idea. Good job. It will be interesting to see if it fogs in Winter.

Well, shoot! for $10? Why not? With magnets, it's easy to pull down and allow passengers in.

Sounds like a good idea on the surface, but wouldn't it block your view through the rear view mirror? Even a transparent shower curtain would reduce visibility quite a lot, I think.

The kids say when we take the rear hatch cover thing out they notice it is cooler in the back. We usually take it out in summer for hauling things, but once it gets cooler we put it back in to not heat the "trunk" space.

So I would believe not heating the back seat space would help, but I would worry about back windows fogging up more?

Back