krush40 wrote:Sorry for any confusion.
I meant to say I usually like to get the middle trim when car shopping because I like convenience features but typically find things in the top of the line to be “more form, less function” that I don’t need or want enough to pay for.
The question I meant to pose was would giving up the SV comforts be worth getting a bigger battery. But it appears that is probably a typo in the ad or a scam to get you in.
There is no such thing as a '15 model year Leaf w/30 kWh battery, on any trim. It was ALWAYS 24 kWh for all US '11 to '15 Leafs. And, as I said, for '16 S, yes, but only if it's a very late '16 "S 30", otherwise you need a '16 SV or SL for 30 kWh battery or a '17 of any trim.
Off the top of my head, on '15 S trim vs. '15 SV, you give up a ton like:
- nav system
- telematics (receiving plug-in reminders, charging stopped and done notifications via phone, being able to check charging status remotely and sending it commands remotely like start charging, climate control on/off, etc.)
- charging timer is a pain in the butt to set on the S and has less functionality
- clock isn't synced from GPS
- worse stereo
- if you want the light interior, you need to get an SV to choose that
- alloy wheels
- shiny plastics around the HVAC and stereo stack and shifter, and I think the doors (see interior pic at https://insideevs.com/real-world-test-2 ... eaf-range/
, compare to interior pics at http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... kit/photos
- ability to choose a better stereo (base SV/SL stereo vs. Bose as part of premium package) and the awesome 4 camera Around View Monitor
- ability to choose LED headlights
- hybrid heat pump heater (only on '13 to '17 SV and SL)
If the car turns out to be a '16 "S 30", well, per http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... -press-kit
Specs tab, the only trim w/rear heated seats is the SL. For '12 to '15, both the front and rear seats were heated on all trims.
Also, can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.
Since you're in CA, do the CA HOV stickers matter? If so, hope you realize that the green and white HOV stickers expire 1/1/19 and those w/vehicles where the stickers were issued before 2017 CANNOT apply for new ones.