Lothsahn
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2018
Leaf Number: 007797

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 am

John,

Have there been any dates you can share recently? I believe the plan was Q3 2018, but status updates would be welcome...
2011 Silver SV, purchased 2018, lives in Missouri (previously in CA)
LeafSpy Pro + BAFX Products OBDII dongle
Battery swap 2019/04/24 (87% SOH, 12 bar)

theblueleaf
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2014

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm

John,

I tried to put down a deposit, but kept getting errors. When I went to my basket, it said that it was empty, but on other pages it showed it as having the $150 deposit in the basket. When I tried to checkout, I got the following error: "There are some issues with the items in your cart. Please go back to the cart page and resolve these issues before checking out." I tried on multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and then both again with all extensions disabled) and kept getting the same errors. At one point it even said that the number of items (1) was greater than the number available (-1), though the item page says that 48 are available. Is there a problem with the website?

Thanks.

JohnBysinger

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:25 pm

TheBlueLeaf,

Thanks for the notification, we've had this issue before a few weeks back. Then it was related to a WordPress plugin misbehaving. It looks like I wrongly assumed that several updates later this wasn't resolved. Previously when this occurred I was able to clear the store's cache (I think stale shopping carts are taking up reservations), and orders were functioning again. I've performed plugin updates, and cleared the cache again. You'll likely have to re-add it to your shopping cart.

Link for convenience: https://fenix.systems/product/nissan-le ... eplacement

If you're still having issues you can contact me directly at john at fenix-power dot com

Lothsan,

We're still tracking to hit a late 2019 for first customer installs. A few more dates to watch for, before year-end we'll have a video (animated) explaining how the service and our battery functions. We should have some good CGI renders of the product design to share in Q1, functioning install media to share (pics/video) in Q2, and some real-world data to share mid-year.

The best place to get updates is to join our mailing list, if you're not already on it: https://fenix.systems/subscribe

-John

virtualchoi
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 401966

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 am

I am also trying but keep getting errors trying to pay the deposit. I was wondering why after all this time there's still less than 100 people who put down the $150 deposit. Maybe this is why.
When I click to add to cart, I get an error about an empty cart. But when I return to the https://fenix.systems/product/nissan-le ... eplacement page, I see the cart on the right. When I click the "View Basket" or "checkout" I get the empty basket error. When I click "Paypal" I go through the Paypal process okay, but the transaction doesn't get completed.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 am

OK, 1) Why do we need to donate $150 deposit? 2) Has anyone actually gotten delivery of the product?

If the product will be available soon, then They don't need $$$ up front. If it will be a while, then you are potentially donating to a venture (you may never see your $$$) without any benefit?

I don't understand...

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 am

powersurge wrote:OK, 1) Why do we need to donate $150 deposit? 2) Has anyone actually gotten delivery of the product?

If the product will be available soon, then They don't need $$$ up front. If it will be a while, then you are potentially donating to a venture (you may never see your $$$) without any benefit?

I don't understand...
You might want to read up on the Tesla deposit process. The mechanism is the exact same.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:08 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:You might want to read up on the Tesla deposit process. The mechanism is the exact same.
My concerns are the same. Only more so.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:57 am

WetEV wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:You might want to read up on the Tesla deposit process. The mechanism is the exact same.
My concerns are the same. Only more so.
It is a startup that may or may not be able to deliver what it say it can. That is always the risk no matter how big the company or how well they did before. This has happened a few times concerning batteries, ability to provide charging networks, etc.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnBysinger

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am

virtualchoi wrote:I am also trying but keep getting errors trying to pay the deposit. I was wondering why after all this time there's still less than 100 people who put down the $150 deposit. Maybe this is why.
When I click to add to cart, I get an error about an empty cart. But when I return to the https://fenix.systems/product/nissan-le ... eplacement page, I see the cart on the right. When I click the "View Basket" or "checkout" I get the empty basket error. When I click "Paypal" I go through the Paypal process okay, but the transaction doesn't get completed.
We've been having issues with using PayPal as our payment processor, two different persistent bugs have survived several version upgrades and dozens of resets. As of yesterday we have moved to Square for our payment processor, which will certainly eliminate one of the bugs, and should the second, but that one is related to inventory and may be related to WooCommerce, our e-commerce solution, which is still in use. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need assistance: john at fenix-power dot com

To speak to the deposit concerns, frankly, I agree with the concern. However the investors I'm working with want to see tangible, measurable, action by potential customers. A reservation without a deposit isn't much more than a mailing list subscriber in their eyes. After quite a bit of debate on the topic of the size of the required deposit, and a desire to reward customers for their patience, we settled on our staggered deposit arrangement, with early reservations getting the highest reward. It's also fully refundable, and to date, we've had 2 refunds. One traded in his car for a newer one, and another was in an accident and replaced it with a different make. Life happens, and people change their minds, we understand that. And I assure you, every deposit will result in either an installation or a refund. If a meteor strikes our offices in 10 months, I'll still make sure every refund is paid, even if I'm the one writing the check.

virtualchoi
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 401966

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:39 pm

The website still can't process payment. Same issue with the empty basket.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”