Blue Nissan logo on Wheel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBlueLeaf

I noticed something last week when we got five LEAF's together here in Seattle. The Red LEAF that was with us had a Blue NISSAN logo in the middle of each wheel. The Blue LEAF's had the regular silver NISSAN logo. I am curious if all of the other colored cars got the Blue NISSAN logo or not? Just something I noticed that I thought there might be interest in.

Our silver leaf has blue logo's on the center caps. Love it! Sort of looking for same nice blue anodized tire valve caps as well.

Perhaps they had the Eco styling package? Did it have the big zero emissions decal on it? Was the center console a different color too?

I have the blue car and my logos on wheels are blue as well as tail and hood logos. Dealer told me that they are covered with a protective blue plastic coating, that they did not peel off. I think it looks good blue with the blue car, will try to keep it on there as long as possible.

Yes, all the cars have blue logos. Even red cars - kind of weird.

It is as if, Nissan wanted to bring out only blue cars - and didn't have time to order silver ones for other colors.

well - i know that DaveInOly and I both have silver logos on our wheels. I would have liked the blue instead but that isn't what we got. I haven't figured out why. Dave had the Eco package and I didn't so that can't be the reason.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
well - i know that DaveInOly and I both have silver logos on our wheels. I would have liked the blue instead but that isn't what we got. I haven't figured out why. Dave had the Eco package and I didn't so that can't be the reason.
Write to Nissan and ask them. Maybe they'll change it for you. Or, you can take pride in having a rare car! :lol:

Toyota also adds blue to their logos on the Prius and I believe other vehicles that have hybrid synergy drive. Seems that Nissan is doing the same with their zero emission vehicles. Perhaps the reason is that blue in Japan is like green in the states? Anyone else know? I was not able to find an definitive answer but found this interesting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguishing_blue_from_green_in_language
In Japanese, the word for blue is often used for colors that English speakers would refer to as green, such as the color of a traffic signal meaning "go".

Interesting. I just associate the color blue with crisp clear skies and clean air/water. Blue is also deep in the "cold" side of the color wheel and considered an "icy" hue. Probably all very deliberate color detailing by the product designers. The logo finish is really a blue/gray chrome which is very attractive and contemporary. I think it will be crazy hard to match in aftermarket finishes though.

Spies said:
I was not able to find an definitive answer but found this interesting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguishing_blue_from_green_in_language
In Japanese, the word for blue is often used for colors that English speakers would refer to as green, such as the color of a traffic signal meaning "go".
There may still be a few traffic signals around with a green lights, but I haven't noticed one for years. I thought they were all changed to cyan because of people who were red/green colorblind.

Ray

planet4ever said:
There may still be a few traffic signals around with a green lights, but I haven't noticed one for years. I thought they were all changed to cyan because of people who were red/green colorblind.

Ray
Even though I have some color vision deficiency I have always been able to tell the difference between red, yellow and "green" on traffic lights but I must admit that the position of the light takes priority for me. Its when the lights are mounted sideways I have to double look and ask myself "Are you sure its green and is it supposed to be on the left or the right?" Continuing to take this off topic the quote I mentioned is from the wikipedia article about some languages not distinguishing blue from green.

Now I have the traffic light song stuck in my head! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPovgCP5BU

I still don't know why both Toyota and Nissan use blue logo's on these cars. Volkswagen also has BlueMotion. No idea what the blue in that is all about either.

Spies said:
I still don't know why both Toyota and Nissan use blue logo's on these cars. Volkswagen also has BlueMotion. No idea what the blue in that is all about either.
Our planet is a "Blue" planet.

I can understand why in some countries they want to avoid green - they have political parties there named after it.

evnow said:
I can understand why in some countries they want to avoid green - they have political parties there named after it.
True, but we have a Green Party here in the US, and "going green" is still a good thing to do in many people's minds, even donkeys and elephants. And it's worthwhile remembering that the original "Green" parties, in various countries the 80s, took the name from their concerns with environmental issues, especially opposition to pollution and nuclear power.

Glenn said:
True, but we have a Green Party here in the US, and "going green" is still a good thing to do in many people's minds, even donkeys and elephants. And it's worthwhile remembering that the original "Green" parties, in various countries the 80s, took the name from their concerns with environmental issues, especially opposition to pollution and nuclear power.
True - but in Germany and other countries, they are an electoral force to be reckoned with. 10% in Germany & 12% in EU.

Back