Free Accessories for Good Ideas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Ok,

I own a 3D scanner, a 3D printer, and a CAD program. I have 3D scanned most of the important interior surfaces of my 2018 Nissan Leaf and Tesla Model 3. It took me several hours a day and several weeks of scanning, but I'm finally done! Anyways, If you can come up with a good idea for an accessory for your NIssan Leaf (or Tesla M3) then I will design it and 3D print it for you free of charge! You won't even have to pay shipping, within the 48 contiguous states of the USA. If you live outside of this area, you will have to pay shipping but the item is still free.

Just post your idea here on the forum and PM me a copy of your idea, your email address and physical address. If I use your idea, I will mail you the accessory for free. The accessory you propose must not be already commercially available. 3D printing an item is more expensive than buying a commercially available item so I will only 3D print items that you currently cannot buy.

Thanks!

P.S. For the engineers out there, this is a list of my equipment;
1. NextEngine Scanner; I use an articulated pole to hold the scanner in place inside the car and then do the scan.
2. Netfabb is my CAD program.
3. Makerbot Replicator and Prusa I3 are my 3D printers.

I am very adept at designing print in place mechanical devices with strategically placed breakaway supports.

coach81 said:
Sounds awesome.. but I have no idea what you are talking about... :?

Just tell me what accessory you want for the Nissan Leaf and I will make it and mail it to you for free. It has to be something that you cannot buy right now so that it has to be custom made. Thanks.

I've had a few occasions when I used my 2011 leaf to transport some long lumber that extended from as far in the back as they could go with the hatch down and extending to the front almost to the touch screen. Is designing some sort of protective cover that could be temporarily clipped over that area the sort of item that your equipment could handle? (There are probably significant differences between the 2011 and 2018 models in this area, so I don't actually expect to receive any item.)

Another item that is safety related: a cover that could closely fit over the Nissan portable EVSE when plugged in to a NEMA 14-50R receptacle.
It would be useful to have one that is permanently closed for those who want a virtually "direct wired" installation for maximum safety (many, like me, have never needed to use a portable EVSE), and another design that allowed for locking/unlocking for those who need to move that EVSE. Don't know the regulation requirements involved, particularly with the latter suggestion, so that may be too much of an issue for you to deal with.

I'd like to see some easy to install bag hooks in the boot area of the 2019 or earlier LEAFs for holding my grocery bags. I envision them being attached to the interior of the C pillar.

OrientExpress said:
I'd like to see some easy to install bag hooks in the boot area of the 2019 or earlier LEAFs for holding my grocery bags. I envision them being attached to the interior of the C pillar.

Good call Orient!!!

OrientExpress said:

In my 2012 & 2015 I installed some S-clips on the child-restraint fixtures on the back of the seats. Very useful to hold bags upright on the way home.

ZWaZMPB.jpg

A lot of us find that the passenger side seat belt buckle bangs against the door pillar when not in use. Some kind of easy-release clip to hold it against the seat would be nice.

Back