ESP, DTC or any other stability control at all in Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunt822

Suddenly realized I did not hear of any active safety systems, such as ESP. Am I right that there are none except ABS??
So on icy Oregonian roads you'll have all chances of loosing it in turn?

I know it has traction control (which can be turned off), but I'm not sure about stability control. Those are typically two different (though related) things.

The LEAF has Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), that works in conjunction with the Traction Control System (TCS) and anti-lock braking system (ABS) to help the driver maintain control of the vehicle. I would think VDC in combination with the LEAF's low center-of-gravity would make it an excellent auto crosser.

But don't tell my wife: "Honey, I'm taking the LEAF to the dealer to get the tires rotated. Be back in a couple of hours."

Where is that on-off button? and, sorry if it's an easy one - where is it described, any marketing materials at all?

Stunt822 said:
Where is that on-off button? and, sorry if it's an easy one - where is it described, any marketing materials at all?
Left of the steering wheel, down low, has a car with a skidmarks behind it. It's described in the Owner's Manual. (Instruments and controls 2-43)

Unbelievable as it may be Nissan has a website and there is actual accurate info on the LEAF such as:

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/specs-features/index

Back