Research panel invitation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I've been asked to be on a LEAF owner research panel that will be, conveniently enough, held in my own city (Garden Grove), on March 10th. I don't have any details yet other than the date, but I am assured they don't want to disassemble my LEAF, only ask a bunch of questions, and that the day will be "fun". ;)

Best thing for me in my current circumstances is that they're going to pay $400 and, since that's already a furlough day from work for me, the fee would be quite welcome! :D

mwalsh said:
I've been asked to be on a LEAF owner research panel that will be, conveniently enough, held in my own city (Garden Grove), on March 10th. I don't have any details yet other than the date, but I am assured they don't want to disassemble my LEAF, only ask a bunch of questions, and that the day will be "fun". ;)

Best thing for me in my current circumstances is that they're going to pay $400 and, since that's already a furlough day from work for me, the fee would be quite welcome! :D

Great! Tell them we want customizable "home" (default) screens on the display....I hate hitting 2 or 3 buttons just to get to the "energy" screen, which is my default. Oh, and get rid of the "accept/decline" screen at startup!!
:cool:

Jimmydreams said:
Great! Tell them we want customizable "home" (default) screens on the display....I hate hitting 2 or 3 buttons just to get to the "energy" screen, which is my default. Oh, and get rid of the "accept/decline" screen at startup!!
:cool:

I'm not at all sure this is going to be Nissan. Whoever it is, they had to call my PD to get my contact information, which is who at this point has called me (to find out if it was OK to provide my phone number). If it was Nissan...they already have all the contact information they'd need!

Boomer23 said:
Very cool, Mike. I know you'll enjoy this opportunity a lot.

No promises, but I will of course try to share the wealth....given half a chance. Any current SoCal LEAF owners who are a) available that day and b) think they might be interested, send me a phone number by PM and I'll pass it along should they ask me if I know of anyone else who might be able to participate!

I sounds like a market research focus group sponsored by a Nissan competitor to me. If Nissan were sponsoring it, they would have likely contacted you directly, rather than going through a dealership. Focus group participants are typically compensated. A $400 stipend tells me you're going to be there awhile. It could be a one-on-one or you could be in a group.

Yes, sounds like a market research group for sure. My wife did one awhile back when she got an FX45. She got to drive a bunch of different "crossovers" with their badges taped over. Then answered a bunch of questionairs and give opinions on each one. It was four hours for $200 in cash. Interestingly it was all women. BTW, If they want another EV guy, I'm in and love that stuff. You've got my info.

It would be awesome if it were an EV competitor to Nissan and they had an example of their car to drive. Especially if it was something I haven't driven already, like the Focus EV! I would do that for freeeee! :lol:

I'm am getting to be quite a wiley guy when it comes to questions from people with an agenda, after some of the "gotcha" journalism I've seen thus far!

OK, I have some more details. The research company is Ask Southern California and they are looking for Southern California LEAF and Volt people within the following categories:

Current owners
Those already with an order
Those with a strong interest in buying

The dates are March 10 and March 11.

March 10, 8am-11am for current LEAF owners, 1pm-4pm for current Volt owners. Fee is $400.

March 11, 2hr morning session (I assume 8am-10am) for those with a LEAF order or strong buy interest, 2hr afternoon session (again an assumption of 1pm-3pm) for those with a similar Volt disposition. Fee is $300 for those with an order already, and $200 for those with a strong interest in buying.

Fees paid in either cash or check form at the end of each session.

I'm told that the customer wanting the research will be very evident once each session has begun. But from talking with Shirley, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the customer wasn't GM. Just a guess on my part though.

Anyhow, folks with an interest in participating need to talk to Shirley on (714) 750-7566, and the company is in Garden Grove by the Cristal Cathedral/The Block.

http://asksocal.com/moreinfo.htm

Awesome! Just got off the phone with Shirley and I will be joining you guys on the 10th. She told me it was my lucky day because she only needed one more LEAF owner. Not sure how many she needs of the other folks still.

I'd love to do the March 11 session, but can't. Unavoidable conflict. RATS! I'm bummed. I've done many of these in the past and they're FUN.

Very Good. And MalloryK you will be driving by at least 4 Nissan dealerships along the 405/22 with active J1772's :p There are also 10 J1772 stations in the South Coast Plaza region. Look at the ChargePoint ChargePass thread for pics of them all.

TRONZ said:
Very Good. And MalloryK you will be driving by at least 4 Nissan dealerships along the 405/22 with active J1772's :p There are also 10 J1772 stations in the South Coast Plaza region. Look at the ChargePoint ChargePass thread for pics of them all.

LOL I was just looking up the Chargepoint ones! I just got my card yesterday. I think I'm gonna be ok getting there and back. Shirley told me that I can plug in while I'm there. If I need to charge more before I head back up, I might stop at South Coast Plaza and check it out. Should be a good exercise in range management. :)

Nice! Still waiting for my CP card. I have visited all the stations in the South Coast Plaza region. The best ones, next to Nordstroms, do not show up on alot of EV station maps. I added these 3 to the Electric Car Stations site today. Here is that link;

http://electric.carstations.com/

TRONZ said:
Nice! Still waiting for my CP card. I have visited all the stations in the South Coast Plaza region. The best ones, next to Nordstroms, do not show up on alot of EV station maps. I added these 3 to the Electric Car Stations site today. Here is that link;

http://electric.carstations.com/

awesome, thanks! I saw all your pics in the Chargepoint Pass thread of your tour of Southcoast Plaza. Very helpful! :)

Back