where are all the ladies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malloryk

So I'm participating in a research panel next month and was told that another woman (gasp!) from Santa Monica will be there! Which makes me think, hey, where are all the Leaf ladies? And I'm not talking about all the wives/girlfriends/friends of forum members (no offense to those women, I know they're probably busy doing all kinds of things I have no idea about!) :) I'm talking about girls like me who are doing all the work/research themselves and will be the sole drivers. Another forum member just PM'd me asking how many single girls out there have Leafs and she's wondering if she'll be the first in her area (Morro Bay). hmmm I think she might be, but I don't know. Since we've done an age poll, Mods, can we do a gender one? :)

Well, I don't have one, but I'm trying!

Or trying to decide whether to go with Nissan or the Ford Focus, which with its slightly darker interior is moderately more sensible considering I will have two small boy children with me in the car. Both are looking to be available in my non-initial roll out area part of the world at... The end of the year. Oy. Good thing I love my Cooper.
:lol:

haha Mike. What!!

Yeah, Leafers, not WAGs.... wait, what?

I'm just curious who the women are out there because I think I'm the only girl on this forum with a Leaf (yeah yeah Alyssa Milano.. but she's not on this forum... that I know of). I know Kataphn and Lindak are soon to join me--are there any others? Why are there so few?

malloryk said:
haha Mike. What!!

Yeah, Leafers, not WAGs.... wait, what?

I'm just curious who the women are out there because I think I'm the only girl on this forum with a Leaf (yeah yeah Alyssa Milano.. but she's not on this forum... that I know of). I know Kataphn and Lindak are soon to join me--are there any others? Why are there so few?

'll give this a crack. 80% of American woman have had children by the time they are 44, ergo, most woman have children to move around. the US car industry has convinced women, that more than one child requires a minivan/SUV. this is not true. I can fit two children and their very large car seats and a stroller when I needed it into a MINI Cooper. But I'm the exception in the car pool line. I see some sedans, but those are the one-kid families. car seats do impose limits, there are very few cars that can do three across, although I see the LEAF claims it can.

so, women get stuck with the boats on wheels, which are used daily, but also by the family for long range driving trips etc. EV won't work on distance, and won't seem to work on space.

malloryk said:
I know Kataphn and Lindak are soon to join me--are there any others? Why are there so few?
I'm guessing with the name MaryC, we have at least one woman up here in the Bay Area. But in truth, Mallory, you've been the brightest light representing the gals on the Forum. For that we all say "Thanks!"

Glenn

malloryk said:
Why are there so few?
Not uncommon to have more guys when it comes to tech toys.

BTW, there was one Leaf owner in the Seattle meet, who doesn't participate in the forum, though.

Well, I hope to be a lady with a LEAF in May, if my delivery doesn't get bumped into June.....

Yah, during the media-focused deliveries I was thinking that the guys were getting all the attention and wondering "what about their wives," and didn't both of their names (for married couples) go on the title of the car? Yes, wives were mentioned, but didn't get equal attention

I hope to join you soon... I've just been bumped to May though. :cry:

The truth is, I did the research, I did the reservation, the order, basically everything.
But I know who will drive it more...

Hey Mallory!

Well I'm a Leafer and I'm a woman, but I may not be who you're looking for because I am part of a couple! However, I'm the instigator in my family -- I placed the reservation and the order and I'm the one who (almost compulsively) peruses this forum. I will not be the sole driver, because that's not how we do things, however I will most likely drive the Leaf more than my husband. We will use the Leaf mainly for driving around town, using our other vehicle, a 2005 Prius, for longer trips.
Currently scheduled for "month of April" delivery, hopefully won't slip to May!

I'm no lady, but I am a chick who loves gadgets. :)

I'm also part of a couple, but I'm definitely the main user once we get it. My husband wants to keep the Escape hybrid, but I don't think we can afford not to trade it in, so we'll be a one-car family with a Leaf.

In the very early days of this forum we had a very technical lady that goes by "KarenRei" She was so knowledgeable about electric cars that even the very best guys around her where no match for her. I wonder what happened to her. She stopped visiting and posting mid of last year. Anyone remember her?

Thanks for posting the thread Mallory. Nice to see a few more females blazing the trail here long with the guys!

My wife actually owns our LEAF. I'm the resident geek, so I did all the technical research, including joining this forum. I'll get her to sign on, since she has 90% of the driving experience with the car.

Well, my husband said I should join the forum, because I'm the primary driver of our Leaf, which we got on Jan. 18th. He's been active in the forum and was the one who did all the research, but I was the one who said, "Hell, yeah, let's get one!" and I get to drive it to work every day (he's a bicycle commuter).

So, sorry, I'm not single, but anyway, I'm here.

I'm waiting for my April delivery. I'm married, but *not* planning on sharing the Leaf. We have one child, but I expect to put three carseats in the back for school carpool. Since we went with a second meter for the charging station, our second car will be the plug-in Prius when it becomes available. (Right now we have 2002 & 2004 Prii.)

The Leaf was all my idea. A combination of "electric cars are cool" and needing new carpool stickers when the Prius ones expire 7/1.

Back