When is the last time you went to a gas station??!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

Here is the thread for LEAF/EV owners to brag about the last time they visited a gas station! Now before everyone piles on with the "but EV's don't burn gasoline thing" :roll: , most people need more than one vehicle (like me for towing bikes) but will now be able to put a HUGE dent in the frequency of gas station visits. Thank You Nissan!!! If you are fortunate enough to have a lifestyle who's transportation needs are fully met by the LEAF or other EV then bless you! You all win by default but are still welcome to post the date of your "final" gas station visit here. And no, running in to buy chips and a drink is fine... just no pumping of gas!

My last gas station visit was Jan 17, for 27 gallons of Diesel at 3.65/gallon :cry:

The last time we drove our Pontiac was on Jan 13, 2011 for 9 miles to the filling station. That was the day we brought our LEAF home. It took 13 gallons. How long can gasoline sit before it goes stale? In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would ever ask that question!

I think that even after I have my Leaf ("Month of March"), I'll still be in charge of taking my wife's hybrid to Costco to slake its addiction. At least we'll probably drive it a lot less.

DeaneG said:
I think that even after I have my Leaf ("Month of March"), I'll still be in charge of taking my wife's hybrid to Costco to slake its addiction. At least we'll probably drive it a lot less.

The fun part for you guys will be seeing how the LEAF makes gas station visits less frequent. We were once a week in our Civic Hybrid. By my count it has now been five weeks since I set foot at a gas station! Your car will be here before you know it!

Dec. 19th in Long Beach, in the rain and cold wind. I think I bought about 10 gallons at $3.35(?) a gallon. Now when I fuel my car, I'm also sheltered from any rain and wind. yay!

ENIAC said:
The last time we drove our Pontiac was on Jan 13, 2011 for 9 miles to the filling station. That was the day we brought our LEAF home. It took 13 gallons. How long can gasoline sit before it goes stale? In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would ever ask that question!

If the gas is going to stay in the tank longer than 2-3 months, you should probably think about adding some fuel stabilizer.

Even with that, driving the car periodically, long enough for everything up to normal operating temperature is important for longevity.

Think about getting a battery maintainer too.

Them gasoline cars sure are a pain in the rear. :)

The first week I got Nanook I drove in the station I typically go to so I could show them the car (I told the attendant the week before that was my last fill-up in the truck). I honk now when I pass on the way to work and they wave :)

In 2008, when I worked for a company about 40 interstate minutes from home, I spent an average of $115.60 per month for diesel. The low month was $80.73; the high month was $246.41. I quite that job and went back to working from home.

The electric motorcycle arrived in Jan '09. I use the bike for >85% of driving. The car is used to bring larger items to the post office, to collect large incoming parcels, and to take my son to grandma and grandpa's ranch ~85 miles away. I bought fuel in Feb, Mar, Apr, and August for an average of $10 per month.

I'm back to one trip to the fuel station per month now, but the rising cost of fuel has pushed my average up to $26.97 per month.

When the Leaf arrives, the ICE car goes away and I'll be 100% electric. Buh-Bye Valero! :lol:

Last week ? Was thinking at the time, it would be my last fill - then realized I'll probably have to fill my wife's car. She is likely to steal & take Leaf away when her car is low on gas :lol:

I usually fill in costco. One interesting observation pertaining to what people keep saying about how slow the charging is in EVs.

Costco gets a lot of luxury vehicles in our area. They all apparently don't mind sitting in the queue for 15 to 30 minutes to get about $1.50 to $2 off compared to other gas stations.

Maybe a better strategy would be to keep a minimal amount of gasoline in the tank. Then when you need to use to drive the relic, you put only enough gasoline in it for what you need it for. That way there's always fresh gasoline in the tank.

A have a coupe of 5 gallon cans in the garage with filled with gas I paid $1.95 for. Now if the price of gas continues to go up - say it hits $7 or $8 a gallon - do you think I could sell my $1.95 a gallon gas on EBay as a collector's item for $10 or $15 a gallon? :mrgreen:

Back