Snooping around the owners portal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

I found some code commented out.

* report charging station issues (powered by NAVTEQ)
NAVTEQ map reporter

The NAVTEQ map reporter allows users to add notes about their local charging stations or report problems concerning the devices on a shared map. Site registration may be required.

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/whitelabel/?site=www.nisssanusa.com

Doesn't look like it's "nissan specific" yet..

Also, I doubt anyone declined carwings, but here's the message you get if you do:

Important Information for EV Project Participants

If you have signed up for the EV Project, you are required to register for, and participate in, the CARWINGS™ telematics service in order to be in compliance. The first 36 months of the CARWINGS™ subscription service are included in the Nissan LEAF™ purchase price. By declining the CARWINGS™ agreement, you will not be able to communicate with your Nissan LEAF™, and you will not meet the requirements of the EV Project.

You will also be missing out on key Nissan LEAF™ functionality:

* - Updating and monitoring your vehicle's status
* - Turning vehicle's charge on remotely
* - Activating and deactivating the climate control
* - Receiving map updates for new charge stations via the navigation system

Choose "Confirm" to opt out of the CARWINGS™ agreement and be taken to a feature-limited My Nissan homepage. Selecting "return to agreement" will take you back to the agreement page where you can still accept the terms of the agreement.

Well, I guess they decided to ditch Zigbee and just grab vehicle charging data from CARWINGS... Kinda makes me wonder what the point of the free Blinks are now...

Not sure where you got the zigbee info from. The blinks can measure and track energy used to charge...so that was the point of them.

turbo2ltr said:
Not sure where you got the zigbee info from. The blinks can measure and track energy used to charge...so that was the point of them.
The Zigbee was in the original Blink specification and when I spoke with an ECOtality representative was told that the Blink communicated with the vehicle and downloaded the charging data from the Nissan navigation system (where you plugged in and for how long). When you plugged in at home, the Blink would communicate over Zigbee with the LEAF to download this info and transmit it to The EV Project.

Granted that was over a year ago, so of course things change! :)

Back