Lothsahn wrote:What car do you drive? I average like 3.8 (no heat/AC) in my Leaf during the warmer weather. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. (Or I'm having too much fun!)
Even driving conservatively, I can't break 5.2 or so.
Too much fun, or too high of speed.
I usually get 3.x in the winter, and 4.x in the summer. I've driven for range a few times, and you would like to:
1) 2 bubbles of acceleration maximum
2) keep it under 35MPH. Maybe under 30MPH
3) neutral throttle as much as you can.
4) Regenerate if you need to sop
5) Friction braking as little as possible.
6) Flat or very gently sloping roads.
7) 44 psi tires.
I've gotten 7 mkWh for a trip. Averaging 7.1 for a month? I couldn't do that. Too many hills most of the places I go.