The million dollar question?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batalha

After 2/3 months it is time to ask you.

-What are the biggest differences when you drive, again, a CI?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Portugal and I eagerly wait for my Leaf

Greetings from Portugal

When I started driving Leaf - I didn't notice much of a difference. But, after driving Leaf for a week I drove my old ICE to get an oil change & wash before selling. That is when I noticed how noisy it was.

evnow said:
When I started driving Leaf - I didn't notice much of a difference. But, after driving Leaf for a week I drove my old ICE to get an oil change & wash before selling. That is when I noticed how noisy it was.

Not only noisy, but skiddish. Old style transmissions (i.e., before LEAF) now make me think the car is not driving properly. My ICE car is a 2-year old Honda Insight that my wife drives regularly. She says it's driving normally, but after driving the LEAF I think the Honda needs service. I guess it doesn't... :)

I noticed that too, after hopping in my Prius for the first time in about a month. It just felt WRONG. I too thought it was broken!

I've noticed a big difference with how I use the accelerator and brake pedals in the LEAF versus a ICE. I drive in ECO mode 90% of the time and get a fair bit of regen on each drive (we have lots of hills). It's hard to describe the physical differences but the driving method and how I use the pedals is entirely different for me in the LEAF than in our ICE Honda Odyssey.

Noisy; rumbly; smelly; unsmooth (is that a word?). My mini left an oil patch on my driveway this weekend (as vintage British cars tend to do) where the LEAF has yet to take a piddle on any part of my vast real estate holdings. :lol:

Back