Concerns with buying a 2016 LEAF with only 2500 miles?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueC56

Chances that I'm actually going to buy this car are slim, so you can stop reading here if you want. But my question is, are there any concerns (esp battery) with buying a used car that has had very little use.

I have a hard time understanding how someone could lease a car and then not use it. But maybe it was a business use. Who knows. Or only driven to the grocery store once a week by a little old lady. LOL

Thanks

Sue C

I have only 2k miles on mine after about 15 months, if that helps. Yes, it all depends on how it was charged and stored. LeafSpy Pro should tell you all you need to know about the battery.

The challenge here is that this would be a long-distance internet purchase. Anyone near Elkhart IN want to check it out for me? I am also looking at the same model in a closer location that has 18500 miles. I figure the battery on the 2500 mile car isn't likely to be any worse than the 18k car, and likely better. So hard to lose buying the lower mileage car. Besides the 18k car has an accident history, minimal information. Probably fine, but adds some uncertainty.

Right now I'm trying to find a local owner to let me test drive a LEAF because I've never actually been in one. But I've read and viewed everything there is to know about them. LOL

Sue C
Cedar Falls IA

Back