Leaf Discounts for Ohio and PA residents

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/incentives-available-for-firstenergy-customers-to-purchase-nissan-electric-vehicles-300892512.html

$2,500 and $3,500 off of MSRP. Not a bad deal at all!

DougWantsALeaf said:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/incentives-available-for-firstenergy-customers-to-purchase-nissan-electric-vehicles-300892512.html

$2,500 and $3,500 off of MSRP. Not a bad deal at all!

Remember you can still negotiate off MSRP before the utility rebate. Aim for $4-5k off a 40 kWh 19 Leaf, then the utility rebate. Not sure what the Pluses are going for now.

SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Does that work?
-
Yes, the dealership can always agree to a lower price before the utility discount
When I took advantage of this program in March, the dealer was in contact with their LEAF rep at Nissan that had to walk them through the process. Mine was the 1st LEAF they sold under the program and was confusing for both of us. There really wasn't any negotiating. The car was re-priced by Nissan based on some previously negotiated price agreement with the utility. They literally walked in with 2 prices (SV and SL) scribbled on a note pad, which Nissan told them to offer. I took the SL because it was in-stock and the price differential was almost nothing. Then, the $3500 rebate was applied (combined worth @ $6500 in total discount). In Ohio, the rebate portion is supposedly drawing on a PUCO mandated clean energy fund that is funded by fixed surcharges buried in consumer electric bills.

DougWantsALeaf said:
So with the federal rebate, you were at 14K under invoice? (6,500 + 7,500)

Pretty sweet deal!

Sounds like when I bought my 2015 SL back in 2015. MSRP was $38,300. Negotiated a $6000 dealer discount and NMAC offered $6000 cash for financing with them. Then got the $7,500 fed tax credit. So it cost net $19,800 plus tax.

DougWantsALeaf said:
So with the federal rebate, you were at 14K under invoice? (6,500 + 7,500)

Pretty sweet deal!
Yes. Thought that net price was reasonable and on par with other mid-sized ICE choices. The + models were just being released and was not negotiated into the agreement at the time so wasn’t a consideration. The only downside was trading a solid ‘13 CRV that I would have liked to keep, but needed the cash equity to front the value of the Federal tax credit and sales tax bill. If the Federal tax credit was immediate, would have kept the CRV.

Also want to read the fine print in the utility credit, was a choice between taking their deal vs. NMAC subsidized financing, but not both. Think that’s what they mean by not combining with any other discount.

Back