gncndad
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2016
Location: Ft. Worth, TX

Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:08 pm

I did a search, but couldn't find anything helpful.

Does this forum offer a list of recommended dealerships/techs for servicing the Leaf?

Other forums I've belonged to have some sort of "guru" list, showing techs that are highly rated.

I know it's a complex question, but in my 33k miles, since my car hasn't had any issues, I've only been to two dealerships here in Fort Worth, and then only for recall/TSB issues, or tire rotations. I haven't had a complex discussion with a Service Adviser or tech, so I have no way of knowing if they're knowledgeable or not.

Thanks in advance,
2015 LeafS
2013 Ford Cmax
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Energi

arnis
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896
Location: Estonia, Europe

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 pm

There is nothing special in Leaf.
Brakes require cleaning and lubrication. Axles regular check. Fluids some changes over long periods.
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

Baltneu
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:54 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 313633

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am

Given the low volume of Leaf’s in the US, most dealers only have 1 trained Leaf tech.
2018 Gun Metallic Gray, SL, Technology Package, etc.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12786
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

It might not be a bad idea to turn this topic into what you seek: a place to list GOOD certified Leaf techs, and good dealerships to have a Leaf serviced. It would have to be updated a lot, as dealerships change hands a lot.

Lia Nissan in Schenectady seems good. I don't have a name for their tech(s) though.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Levenkay
Gold Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2018
Leaf Number: 308382
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm
It might not be a bad idea to turn this topic into what you seek: a place to list GOOD certified Leaf techs, and good dealerships to have a Leaf serviced. It would have to be updated a lot, as dealerships change hands a lot.
Good idea, but maybe several such lists should be established under the "Local/Regional Discussions" page. However good a Florida LEAF tech might be, I'm unlikely to take my Oregon LEAF to them.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12786
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Levenkay wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 am
LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm
It might not be a bad idea to turn this topic into what you seek: a place to list GOOD certified Leaf techs, and good dealerships to have a Leaf serviced. It would have to be updated a lot, as dealerships change hands a lot.
Good idea, but maybe several such lists should be established under the "Local/Regional Discussions" page. However good a Florida LEAF tech might be, I'm unlikely to take my Oregon LEAF to them.
As long as we list locale, it's just a matter of checking it for someone near you. We could always sort the list by state.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
jlv
Moderator
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 am

If you were going to do that, it would be better off in something like a wiki rather than a discussion thread.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
82K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12786
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

jlv wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 am
If you were going to do that, it would be better off in something like a wiki rather than a discussion thread.
Yup. Do we have Wikis here?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
jlv
Moderator
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:29 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm
Yup. Do we have Wikis here?
Yes, but much of the content is old since it required a separate login from the forums (even though it's operated by the same owner).
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/nissan-leaf/
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
82K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12786
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 pm

jlv wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:29 pm
LeftieBiker wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm
Yup. Do we have Wikis here?
Yes, but much of the content is old since it required a separate login from the forums (even though it's operated by the same owner).
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/nissan-leaf/

I meant at this site.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”