Your Delearship Service Experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENIAC

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread where we could discuss our LEAF service experiences. This forum is an excellent resource for its members selecting a dealership to purchase from and so I thought we could take it to the service side. Has anyone had any service performed on their LEAF from a Nissan dealership? If so, which dealership and any comments on your experience would be appreciated.

Have not needed any service and hopefully won't for six months. However, thought I would mention that Mr. Hilton Tran at Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg, Texas (just outside Houston) was prompt, professional, courteous and efficient in guiding me through the process. As it was their first, the staff was extremely thorough but also learning as I did. I suggested monitoring the forum to learn. The Service Manager, Mr. Koening, was extremely helpful. I live closer to downtown Houston and there are a few closer dealerships but I was most comfortable with Mr. Tran.

I've had mine in for a rattle that I could not find. Boardwalk Nissan picked the car, found the problem (a loose bolt under the passenger's side carpet) and returned it to my work fully charged. So far, could not be happier with their service.

This is actually one of my biggest concerns about the Leaf. Not range anxiety, not batteries exploding, not any one of the dozens of anti-EV paranoia out there. It's all centered around Nissan service. Generally speaking, Nissan makes great vehicles, but their US service centers suck.

I don't have my Leaf yet (Week of April 1) but I do have a 2005 Nissan Murano and I have NOT been pleased in the past with Nissan service. And if you frequent any other Nissan owners forums, you'll see that as a common issue. Incompetent service techs that try to weasel out of any warranty work if at all possible, often causing other problems when they're trying to fix the current problem, and just in general a huge headache trying to get them to do anything right. Of course there are exceptions, some really good dealers out there, but as a general rule many Nissan owners love their cars but hate their dealers. In fact, for my Murano I'm willing to pay for a relatively minor repair at an independent shop rather than spend the time arguing with the dealer and proving that it should be covered under warranty, then worrying that they won't fix it right or cause another problem in the process. And I'm not the only one on my Murano forum that feels this way.

I'm really hoping the Leaf is different. Dealers that service the Leaf are supposed to have specifically trained technicians, and supposedly they are going to be a higher level of service than for "typical" cars, but time will tell. It's also why the dealer I've picked for the Leaf is quite a ways away from my house. 3 or 4 other dealers are closer to me, but I've finally found a GOOD dealer that I'm hoping will provide a better level of service. The problem will be trying to get the car there if I have a problem... :)

This forum is a good place to share the names and locations of Good-experience (competent, honest) and Bad-experience service departments. Perhaps a new thread for each of the two categories.

All of us would like to patronize the Good, and AVOID the bad.

So, please share your service "ratings".

I've never owned a Nissan before but my next door neighbor has two and has told me repeated horror stories about Mission Hills Nissan and Universal Nissan, so those are two I would certainly avoid. He will not go to either one anymore.

garygid said:
This forum is a good place to share the names and locations of Good-experience (competent, honest) and Bad-experience service departments. Perhaps a new thread for each of the two categories.

All of us would like to patronize the Good, and AVOID the bad.

So, please share your service "ratings".

Back