SCE Time of Use hit. Working for me.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVNation

This month our SCE time of use metering hit. Our bill ended up $52 down from $67 last month. We ended up at 49 kwh on-peak, 150 kwh off-peak, and 206 kwh "super off-peak". The tier breakdown meant at Level 2, our usage went from 26c to 16c / kwh for the bit we used at that level. At L1 the difference was 3c.

Now I am going to really make sure I am only charging 12am to 6am. I want to drop that on-off peak to minimum. Though we do have computers running all day in the home office.

Considering our gasoline bill was >$100 during the months we didn't have the Mini-E or the Leaf, we are doing really well.

Cool, EVNation. You don't have solar PV, correct?

You'll want to post SCE-related info in the SCE section under Regional, Utilities.

Boomer23 said:
Cool, EVNation. You don't have solar PV, correct?

You'll want to post SCE-related info in the SCE section under Regional, Utilities.

We actually have solar, but it is at my house and the Leaf is at the apartment in town where I work... Life is complicated. We are way net positive on PV solar, but the electric company is still holding off the check they owe us. Don't get me started on that...

Back