Have You Lent Your Leaf to Another?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

To a Friend?
To a Spouse?
To a Neighbor?
To a Relative?
To a Significant Other?
To a Co-Worker?

Anyone here lend out their Leaf ? ... I don't mean while YOU are in the car ... I'm talking where you watch it drive off. I just watched our Leaf drive away. It's very scary for me. No one likes to think of another having an accident. And although my first dread is towards people/passengers/pedestrians ... presuming everyone's alright (in an accident) the thought did cross my mind . . . . if totaled, there wouldn't be a replacement for a very long time.

:shock:
Maybe it's just me that thinks about such things?

No other solo drivers yet, but the moment is coming when I'll watch my wife drive it away. Our plan is to share the car sometime so that we can replace a good portion of our "filthy Prius miles". :lol:

I'm not looking forward to that moment, and I know just how you felt, hill.

I'm also VERY careful when I drive the LEAF, recognizing as you do that I'm not getting a replacement any time soon if it gets wrecked. Even a fender bender would be devastating to me in a brand new car, but worse with the LEAF because I'd have to drive some crappy ICE loaner.

It practically killed me to see the guy at the window tint shop drive it from the front parking lot, around back to the installation bay. I offered to drive it there for him. He did not care for that. Ouch.

Any day I don't need the car for work, my partner takes it. This puts a lot of miles on it, but in my house, it is by FAR the preferred vehicle!!

We'll decided that we would drive the Leaf as first choice all the time. Only problem : I drive average 4.5-5.5 mpk....she drives: 3.2-3.8 mpk!!

I almost did--a friend of mine at work wanted to switch cars with me for one day (he has a BMW). I was open to it, but the timing kept not working out and then he wanted to have it for a couple days. He lives in Downey with no way to charge so then I was worried that he would run out of charge. Then he moved to San Diego. But if it's someone I trust who doesn't live too far from me, I would be willing to trade.... I think. I did get kinda nervous the first time I handed it over to a valet. :(

I thought "range anxiety" was the problem with the Leaf, but now there is another issue to consider, "lending anxiety". Probably when our Leaf arrives, my wife will suffer with both anxieties, especially when she lends me the Leaf. I hate to admit it, but I have had more fender benders than she has. In any case, I can't wait to suffer these anxieties, instead of "delivery anxiety".

Enjoy your Leaf, after all its just a car.

Back