Deliveries On Hold?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

Just contacted my PD. He has had no deliveries for 10 days and believes everything is on hold until the A/C issue is fixed. It is unknown when shipments will resume.

Any April deliveries must have left port before the hold was in place. This doesn't feel like a firmware bug/fix to me. I think this may be something much more significant.

As far as communication from Nissan, it's been non-existant. My DB has not changed in weeks and I have received no emails about my order status.

My PD checked NNANet today and says I have moved from "hold" status to "pending". He indicated that such a move was a good thing and CS says now says that I should receive our Leaf withing a "couple of weeks". So as we have come to expect ..."different sources, different messages."

cs told me they were able to resolve AC ISSUE and are moving cars off hold as they drain and add charging fluid.
i thought it was the software.
what do i or they know.

drees said:
Probably ought to change the muffler bearings and blinker fluid while they're at it.

It's an EV, it does not have muffler bearings. But I did just change mine on the Prius. I found a good source here : http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10

Hi guys! Our car went from being "lost in space" to suddenly imminent. And the phone's been ringing with electric companies and charger guys and contractors to put in the charger. They better hurry :D Encinitas is getting another Leaf! LMW is going to be very happy!

4/20 --> 10/1 --> pending --> March --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> April --> pending --> May2 --> May6 --> VIN --> ...

gbarry42 said:
Hi guys! Our car went from being "lost in space" to suddenly imminent. And the phone's been ringing with electric companies and charger guys and contractors to put in the charger. They better hurry :D Encinitas is getting another Leaf! LMW is going to be very happy!

4/20 --> 10/1 --> pending --> March --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> pending --> April --> pending --> May2 --> May6 --> VIN --> ...

Your EVSE install is one big step but car delivery is not imminent. As far as I know, no dealers have reported any movement out of Long Beach. CS is not dependeble. They are outsourced, have very limited info, and are reading from a script. At this point, I only believe the dealer's dashboards, which have visibility to the holds. I still believe this is a complex problem with the A/C that goes beyond firmware/software. If it was as simple as rolling back the firmware, they would not have put 1000 cars on hold. This story now has traction with the national media and Nissan would not have let it get this far if the fix was as simple as downloading new firmware. My SWAG is that they still don't know what the problem exactly is and the firmware rollback is a workaround to keep the cars from becoming inoperable, it doesn't fix the actual problem.

I think the bottom line is that we are going to get a different answer from every person until Nissan releases an official public explanation and corresponding fix.

thankyouOB said:
cs told me they were able to resolve AC ISSUE and are moving cars off hold as they drain and add charging fluid.
what do i or they know.

I can deal with "real soon now". What I can't deal with is "We gave your car to someone who ordered in January and now production's off line so, maybe think 2012..." I'm counting on the fact that a VIN means there's a real car somewhere. I hope not to hear that anyone has had their VIN taken away.

I've been mired in that 50-page air conditioning thread, assuming it would all come out okay in the end. Now I see that's still a hot topic.

jcesare said:
gbarry42 said:

Your EVSE install is one big step but car delivery is not imminent. As far as I know, no dealers have reported any movement out of Long Beach. CS is not dependeble. They are outsourced, have very limited info, and are reading from a script. At this point, I only believe the dealer's dashboards, which have visibility to the holds. I still believe this is a complex problem with the A/C that goes beyond firmware/software. If it was as simple as rolling back the firmware, they would not have put 1000 cars on hold. This story now has traction with the national media and Nissan would not have let it get this far if the fix was as simple as downloading new firmware. My SWAG is that they still don't know what the problem exactly is and the firmware rollback is a workaround to keep the cars from becoming inoperable, it doesn't fix the actual problem.

My SWAG is that they are holding the cars to straighten out the delivery sequencing mistake, waiting for some more LEAFs to get here so they can deliver at least somewhat in order (which I think is the right thing to do). If this is the case, I think it is a big mistake to let customers think it is related to the A/C issue. Better to be more forthcoming.

thankyouOB said:
what do i or they know.

Actually, no. The real reason (and its a bit of a cover up) is that all the cars are all radioactive!

They are waiting out the Iodine-131 half life until radiation levels drop below acceptable import limits.

rainnw said:
Actually, no. The real reason (and its a bit of a cover up) is that all the cars are all radioactive!

They are waiting out the Iodine-131 half life until radiation levels drop below acceptable import limits.
I know you meant well, but this is just not funny.

gbarry42 said:

I was told my delivery is imminent on March 2nd and my charger install completed on March 11th, but more than month later, I still don't have the car. :(

palmermd said:
drees said:
Probably ought to change the muffler bearings and blinker fluid while they're at it.

It's an EV, it does not have muffler bearings. But I did just change mine on the Prius. I found a good source here : http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10
Okay, that's just weird!

FWIW, I was "Month of May." then "Pending," and now "Week of April 22." My dealer said my car was "lost," accounting for the switch to "pending," and then they reallocated a car previously intended as a dealer demo, but which matched my order, to me. I am very excited and very impatient.

rainnw said:
thankyouOB said:
what do i or they know.

LOL :lol:

davewill said:
rainnw said:

I agree.

HIOJim said:
davewill said:
rainnw said:

I agree.
I disagree.

And I agree to disagree.

rainnw said:
Actually, no. The real reason (and its a bit of a cover up) is that all the cars are all radioactive!They are waiting out the Iodine-131 half life until radiation levels drop below acceptable import limits.

It's not only not funny, but ignorant. Both ships left Japan BEFORE the earthquake and tsunami.

Well... I thought this may be in poor taste, but the first thing my wife said to me after the Nuc plant started having problems is if they are checking the leaf's for radiation. The thing is my wife is Japanese and only moved to the states in 2000...go figure...

Back