Why are Deliveries from Long Beach Slow?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

It would appear that many Leafs if not hundreds, have had their A/C modification completed well over a week ago and have been designated for delivery yet have not been received by Dealers

stanley said:
It would appear that many Leafs if not hundreds, have had their A/C modification completed well over a week ago and have been designated for delivery yet have not been received by Dealers

+1 Mine was done with the upgrades, etc. on Apr. 15th. It's still on hold as of the 19th waiting to get loaded.

LEAFfan said:
stanley said:

+1 Mine was done with the upgrades, etc. on Apr. 15th. It's still on hold as of the 19th waiting to get loaded.

How do you know it was done with the upgrades? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what was the A/C modification all about? I've had a delivery "week of April 15th" and no word yet either. The last I heard was that my car left the port in Japan the day before the earthquake which is now over 6 weeks ago. :x

twingo said:
LEAFfan said:
stanley said:

How do you know it was done with the upgrades? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what was the A/C modification all about? I've had a delivery "week of April 15th" and no word yet either. The last I heard was that my car left the port in Japan the day before the earthquake which is now over 6 weeks ago. :x

CS told me that it was released on Apr. 15th which means all the accessories and upgrades were finished. He also told me that it would be loaded on a truck in 2-3 days, which was untrue.

I go to the Nissan web site now twice a day to see if my week of April 12th has changed for arrival of the car ,still no change :eek:
OHHH the agony of this waiting game is getting to me..Every time the phone rings I wonder is that Nissan calling..

mark13 said:
I go to the Nissan web site now twice a day to see if my week of April 12th has changed for arrival of the car ,still no change :eek:
OHHH the agony of this waiting game is getting to me..Every time the phone rings I wonder is that Nissan calling..

+1 .... only twice a day?

the web tool is like a time machine that only goes backwards.
when I get within 6 days of the date, it jumps back another week.
been doing that for most of a month.

How do you know it was done with the upgrades? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what was the A/C modification all about? I've had a delivery "week of April 15th" and no word yet either. The last I heard was that my car left the port in Japan the day before the earthquake which is now over 6 weeks ago. :x[/quote]

CS told me that it was released on Apr. 15th which means all the accessories and upgrades were finished. He also told me that it would be loaded on a truck in 2-3 days, which was untrue.[/quote]

Seems I'm a bit out of date. I heard of the "starting problem", but it has since morphed into the "A/C problem" as the root cause. The website shows my delivery date as the "week of April 15th", but it's not here yet (San Diego). I think I heard Nissan does most or all of the "dealer prep" at the port for some reason, although I can understand the merit of centralizing the operation. That could be the main reason for the delay. I told my dealer I've have the VIN now for over a month and I trust my car did not get lost or reallocated.

I am in the same boat. I have been told by CS my car was "released" on 4/19. Yet my DB keeps moving to the right (now sitting at 5/13). So it would take a month from "ready to ship" in LA to in my hands, which is ridiculous. I did a live chat with CS again a few minutes ago to vent my frustration and fish for answers but found none. I asked what their bottleneck was, and they told me there were no bottlenecks. I sarcastically asked how Nissan was planning to deliver 20,000 Leafs by September (see press release last week), given the situation now, and they chose not to answer. I will call in next, and ask to talk to a supervisor.

I just called CS… they said that the 600 or so Leafs that left Japan right before the tsunami were getting the AC/start issue fixed with a software upgrade and that they were doing all of the upgrades and then would release the cars??? That seems kind of odd, why wouldn't they just send them out as they have full trucks? He also said that there is another ship due in 2 days and they want to get the current cars out of Long Beach to make room for the next ship…. so maybe the end is in sight!

We had an initial delivery date of 4/11, then to week of 4/18… and still showing week of 4/18. VIN 2028

So I just called again and was told that even though my car is ready to ship since 4/19 (VIN 1485) it is on hold at Long Beach until cars that are also headed to my area (Seattle) are ready. Nissan is not releasing individual cars for shipment as soon as they are ready, they want to bunch up cars headed for the same area. I can understand that, but at the same time this doesn't explain a 4 week delay.

So possibly my car was one of the first ones fixed, and say there are only 10 cars heading for Seattle out of the bunch, I will have to wait until car 9 and 10 are done, and if these are the last two cars fixed, I am out of luck.

scharlj said:
So I just called again and was told that even though my car is ready to ship since 4/19 (VIN 1485) it is on hold at Long Beach until cars that are also headed to my area (Seattle) are ready. Nissan is not releasing individual cars for shipment as soon as they are ready, they want to bunch up cars headed for the same area. I can understand that, but at the same time this doesn't explain a 4 week delay.

So possibly my car was one of the first ones fixed, and say there are only 10 cars heading for Seattle out of the bunch, I will have to wait until car 9 and 10 are done, and if these are the last two cars fixed, I am out of luck.
Or maybe Nissan wants 50+ cars to fill a couple rail haulers. Not all need to be Leaf of course. But all vehicle production and delivery is down so there are not the wads of cars going anywhere as there were 90 days ago.

OK, So who is going to make a youtube movie of Forum members looking like Zombies hopping the fence at the port attacking the cars to get them? :eek:

Geeze, I can get dropped off at the port and pick it up myself! No hauler needed! They should provide a "take out" line at the port!

FWIW, my VIN is 1255 and my delivery date has been steady for about a month at "week of April 15" which of course never happened. Seems as though VIN numbers are not neccessarily in sequence with when orders were placed or deposits made.

scharlj said:

Real Out of luck = PENDING

Could you imagine 1500 people showing up at the dock wanting to buy their cars :lol: ..Do they take the cars from the dock and load them on trains ?

Back