Destination fee hike: $820 -> $850

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

After I picked up my car, I noticed that the price was $30 more than our agreed RAQ.
Apparently, the Destination Charge (for San Diego, anyway) has gone UP.. It's now $850 on the window sticker, which increased the MSRP and the RAQ quote.
Note that this is NOT shown on the Nissan dash, which still shows the original "transaction price" and RAQ quote.
I don't know when this increase went into effect, but the dealership seemed to think it was recent.

Update your spreadsheets. :)

GroundLoop said:
After I picked up my car, I noticed that the price was $30 more than our agreed RAQ.
Apparently, the Destination Charge (for San Diego, anyway) has gone UP.. It's now $850 on the window sticker, which increased the MSRP and the RAQ quote.
Note that this is NOT shown on the Nissan dash, which still shows the original "transaction price" and RAQ quote.
I don't know when this increase went into effect, but the dealership seemed to think it was recent.

Update your spreadsheets. :)

I paid $850 up when I bought on 4/29-30, but it was not part of the MSRP on the ordering sheet, it was stated that destination would be in addition to the MSRP. I did get the $1000 off MSRP that I negotiated with the dealer.

The $850 is part of the "sale price" used to figure sales tax. So, that was another $83 bucks there, pretty much wiping out the 1k off msrp.

I paid an $850 destination charge upon delivery, 5/3/2011. The destination charge was $820 at the time I accepted a quote, 9/29/2010. My quote did not include destination charges. Higher fuel prices, I suppose.

Interesting. My quote did include Dest Charge, which was $820 in October.
This was per text ("price includes the dest fee") from the PD, but I see that in the Order Summary, it does say dest & handling "not included" in the Nissan boilerplate text.

It's $30 out of thousands, but the engineer geek in me really wanted to see the final math match my own pre-sale computation precisely. :)

Because I was dealing with 2 VINs for 2 LEAFs, the dealer provided me with printouts of the order forms. On their I noticed the increase of $30 in destination charge. However since my RAQ included destination charge in the total quote, I was able to avoid the increase (I did point out to the salesman the discrepancy in their final total and the RAQ). This is one of the few times that I actually didn't pay more than I should. The $30 nearly paid for one tank of gas (for my Prius).

linkim said:
Because I was dealing with 2 VINs for 2 LEAFs, the dealer provided me with printouts of the order forms. On their I noticed the increase of $30 in destination charge. However since my RAQ included destination charge in the total quote, I was able to avoid the increase (I did point out to the salesman the discrepancy in their final total and the RAQ). This is one of the few times that I actually didn't pay more than I should. The $30 nearly paid for one tank of gas (for my Prius).

Ron @ Northbay Nissan noticed this as well. However, he said that it was not my problem that Nissan increased the delivery charges. He said he would deal with Nissan directly. Ron is one of the most honest salespersons out there. Thanks, Ron. He did honor the original price.

Back