What's Next

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

Okay, I got my email from Nissan and I have reserved. Now I'm at the "Home Assessment" step. But I plan to have my own electrician put in a Blink home charger.

So what do I need to do to let Nissan know so that I can continue?

I don't think it is possible for your own electrician to install a Blink charger if you are part of the EV Project. The EV Project pays for a normal installation of the Blink. I think they determine the normal installation to be around $1000.

I you are purchasing a Blink charger yourself, that is a different story. Your electrician should be able to do that with no problems.

Good luck.

Luft said:
Okay, I got my email from Nissan and I have reserved. Now I'm at the "Home Assessment" step. But I plan to have my own electrician put in a Blink home charger.

So what do I need to do to let Nissan know so that I can continue?
Call customer service and ask for a waiver. Don't pay the $100 sucker fee to AV. ;)
If you are part of the EV project for free EVSE install you need to let Nissan know although I think they should already know.

Living in Tenino, you will not be able to be in the EVProject. I am in Yelm and I can't get in.
The way to go is to have the charger in your car modified for 240 volts. It is an easy transition
and only costs $230 for the upgrade. All you would need is a L6-20P 240V/20A plug installed.
Good Luck.

Back