Check your Monroney Sticker please

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

Fellow Leaf drivers, today (May 11), I happened to take out the original "federal price sticker" from our Leaf and examine it a bit more carefully. I was studying that sticker vs. the similar sticker off our 2011 Volt for "where the car was assembled and where parts came from."

Anyway, our Leaf is VIN #320, and the federal sticker says "

FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT:
LOS ANGELES

I am most curious if the more recent deliveries of the Leaf also say this exact thing or if only those of us in the first couple of hundred US deliveries have such a "final assembly point" noted?

As this might explain why the early Leaf cars sat on the docks in LA for as long as they did AFTER arrival.....

Same here; VIN in high 2200's. Surprised me because I didn't realize that was the real sticker. I thought it was old stock, because all the crash tests say "Not Rated".

That all of our cars seem to report that "Final assembly" is in Los Angeles destroys my theory, but it opens up another question entirely:

Why is "final assembly" in Los Angeles and WHAT is being added there?

Anybody know anything about that?????

What's a Monroney sticker? I don't think I got one. There were no stickers at all on my car when I picked it up, and the only thing they gave me that looks like a sticker is one that says "Manufacturer's Estimated Cruising Range 96-110 Miles on one tank or charge."

Ray

planet4ever said:
What's a Monroney sticker?...

This sort of thing usually attached to the inside of one of the passenger windows facing out:
monroney_sticker.jpg

DarkStar said:
Wow! That sounds pretty harsh.

The sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield of every new car sold in the United States and can only be removed by the consumer (Chapter 28, Sections 1231-1233, Title 15 of the United States Code). A fine of up to US$10,000 per vehicle plus [note] one year in jail for each offense is authorized if the sticker is missing.
[note] Wikipedia says "plus", but the law says "or".

Am I the only person who didn't have one on their LEAF? I swear, there was nothing on any of my windows except the temporary permit, not even anything in the glove compartment or the packet of papers they gave me.

Could it be that the law doesn't apply to a lease? The law is worded as applying up until the vehicle "is delivered to the actual custody and possession of the ultimate purchaser". I suppose that might be NMAC, except that the car was never delivered to NMAC. Furthermore , neither my dealer nor I knew, until about 5 minutes before I drove off with the car, whether I was going to buy or lease. The dealer is certainly not the ultimate purchaser:
The term "ultimate purchaser" means, with respect to any new automobile, the first person, other than a dealer purchasing in his capacity as a dealer, who in good faith purchases such new automobile for purposes other than resale.
So, if I were really upset with the way my dealer treated me, would this be a way to get even?

Ray

planet4ever said:
Am I the only person who didn't have one on their LEAF? I swear, there was nothing on any of my windows except the temporary permit, not even anything in the glove compartment or the packet of papers they gave me.
My dealer removed it during the vehicle dealer prep stage and specifically handed it to me while we were going through the vehicle. Then again, I did purchase my car instead of leasing.

planet4ever said:
So, if I were really upset with the way my dealer treated me, would this be a way to get even?
No ... but if this is one of the dealers that's restricting the use of their charging stations ... :lol:

Back