Exiting car - shocking experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiestatrio

Does anyone have suggestion for how to eliminate the shocking experience after you get out of the car and then touch the car? Perhaps because the seats & carpeting is new, I'm getting a significantly more jolting experience then the other cars I own.

Do those grounding straps that drag from the vehicle help or hurt?

Thanks,
Mike

I am having the same problem and it gotten to the point now where I am avoiding car touching when existing or trying to use back of hand first which doesn't feel the shock as much.

Grab the metal before you get out of the car, and continue to hold it as you get out. Another tactic is to close the door by touching only the glass. And wait for weather that isn't so dry :geek:

fiestatrio said:
Does anyone have suggestion for how to eliminate the shocking experience after you get out of the car and then touch the car?
This is a problem for me in any non-leather car I sit in. For the Leaf as I put my leg out and on the ground, I press my leg against the metal of the car. I continue that contact until I'm fully out of the seat. I still get a little shock, but it's much more mild against my leg than it would be on my fingertips.

Back