Owners: Did you / would you replace the OEM tires?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel

I've decided to give this topic a thread of its own, even though it's been discussed within unrelated threads. If I get the option to make it a poll I will. (I don't see that option so maybe I don't have permission.) But individual posted answers are fine.

I'm asking people to answer the thread title question only if they have driven the car enough to have an opinion of the tires based on experience of how the car feels/handles.

1. Have you replaced the tires? If so with what, and how do you like the replacements?

2. Do you want to replace the tires but cost is the only thing stopping you?

3. Do you feel the tires are adequate, but other (maybe more expensive) ones would be an improvement?

4. Do you feel that the tires are excellent and no others would be a really big improvement?

Feel free to add comments or other opinions than offered above. And thanks.

If you are willing to sacrifice efficiency for handling you may consider a non LRR tire, otherwise there is no point in replacing the tire as this is likely the best LRR tire on the market at any price. If one does any decent amount of proper research they will see why. I don't get the point of going to a non LRR tire on an EV unless range is something that is not a concern. I believe we had an entire thread this already about changing form LRR tires to performance tires, etc.

I'm thinking about replacing the tires.. but not for performance or anything like that.

I am currently leasing. At the end of the lease, if you don't have "like new" tires, you can be charged for new ones, so after 45k miles, I might have to buy new ones anyway.

If I buy from Costco now, I'd get the advantage of all of their warranty and free tire rotations for the 3 years that I own the vehicle and then have the original tires put back on before I turn in the lease.

I haven't decided this since its an expense I dont need right now, but it seems to make sense to me at the same time.

The ability to turn traction control off with atouch of a button makes keeping the OEM tires that much more.

In snow and ice the ability to rock the car is easy with this feature. I have no complaints with the tires

xtremeflyer said:
I'm thinking about replacing the tires.. but not for performance or anything like that. I am currently leasing. At the end of the lease, if you don't have "like new" tires, you can be charged for new ones, so after 45k miles, I might have to buy new ones anyway. If I buy from Costco now, I'd get the advantage of all of their warranty and free tire rotations for the 3 years that I own the vehicle and then have the original tires put back on before I turn in the lease. I haven't decided this since its an expense I dont need right now, but it seems to make sense to me at the same time.

How much are a set of 4 Summer EP-100s (not all season) tires from Costco? Thanks!

LEAFfan said:
xtremeflyer said:
I'm thinking about replacing the tires.. but not for performance or anything like that. I am currently leasing. At the end of the lease, if you don't have "like new" tires, you can be charged for new ones, so after 45k miles, I might have to buy new ones anyway. If I buy from Costco now, I'd get the advantage of all of their warranty and free tire rotations for the 3 years that I own the vehicle and then have the original tires put back on before I turn in the lease. I haven't decided this since its an expense I dont need right now, but it seems to make sense to me at the same time.

How much are a set of 4 Summer EP-100s (not all season) tires from Costco? Thanks!

Since you can post here you clearly have internet access or did the forum turn into a 411 site? In the time you posted you could have your answer rather than ask others to look it up for you. Could you check some costco prices for me as well?:)

Thanks

EVDRIVER said:
LEAFfan said:
xtremeflyer said:

Since you can post here you clearly have internet access or did the forum turn into a 411 site? In the time you posted you could have your answer rather than ask others to look it up for you. Could you check some costco prices for me as well?:)

Thanks

Wow! You sure are in a great mood today! I have just two words for you...Butt out.

EVDRIVER said:
ht2 said:
2. Do you want to replace the tires but cost is the only thing stopping you?

+1

With what?

May be I am old school but LRR is not my priority to select the tire.
I like to have well balanced performance tire. (Rain condition, dry cornering speed, ride, noise, etc...)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&partnum=055WR6ECDWS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Nissan&autoYear=2011&autoModel=Leaf&autoModClar=SL

But I already paid this one, I will change it after 30K miles.

Back