What is that amber light?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
I believe this is a passenger courtesy light. Put your hand under it.

ambient/mode light? if it turns on when headlights are on, that may be it. Sorry, don't have a leaf to play with yet, so not sure.

UkrainianKozak said:
I start noticing a little amber light at night right by sun glasses compartment. Anyone know what this is?

My wife calls it a map-reading light and I am not questioning her :lol:

-Matt
PS: yes the little amber LED is what I am talking about....

This is not the incandescent map reading light(s). It is a very small amber LED light that indicates that either the headlights or parking lights are on. It is discussed on page 2-52 of the manual. I'm not sure why the light is necessary, but it is there.

UkrainianKozak said:
I start noticing a little amber light at night right by sun glasses compartment. Anyone know what this is?
This light goes by many names in Infiniti and Nissan vehicles - ambient lighting, mood lighting, etc. When the headlights are on, this light comes on to provide a very soft light on certain controls. In the LEAF, it is over the center stack providing soft illumination on the area below. In some Infinitis, there are several around the front of the passenger compartment. These ambient lights have been shown to reduce driver fatigue - as you look to operate controls your eyes have to adjust less, therefore less eyestrain.

I first noticed it when it reflected off the top of my dogs head..I think its a hidden camera so the Japanese can watch us drive ;)

Like in the Prius, this light shines on the direction selector (forward, ECO, reverse, neutral)... I found that it has to be a lot darker outside though than on the Prius to tell exactly...

Back