EV Focus Grp in So Calif - STUDY OVER - The Aftermath...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

I just signed up for an EV focus group at a local location in Orange County, Ca. This is a project that is looking for opinions from EV owners about their cars. I believe that only current owners (or lessees, of course) are eligible, not those waiting for their cars, but you could ask, I guess.

They will pay $250 for your participation, which will be a one-on-one interview. Available dates are Friday through Monday, June 24 through 27, including Saturday and Sunday.

They are looking for about 30 more participants, so there is a good chance you would be approved for participation. They do have quotas for various demographics, so be sure to act quickly to keep from losing the opportunity. If you know anyone between ages 20 and 30 or so, they are having a hard time filling that demographic, so please let your friends know.

The location is in Tustin, CA at AutoPacific's Automotive Futures Center.

If interested, contact Cynthia Randall via email at [email protected]. She'll be recruiting for this study through about next Monday, so the sooner you respond the better.

If you have other friends with EVs, including Volts (I know, I know, the Volt isn't an EV, yada, yada), please let them know about this.

evnow said:
Do these sponsors realize there are EV owners outside of SoCal ? :shock:
Hey! many of YOU other area folks got free (expensive) chargers ... they're just throwin' us OC peeps a bone! ... finally!
:D
Hope to see you there Phil . . . last night they put me down for a 2:30pm slot on the 24th. They got free (120v - trickle) charging there, too (big thumbs up) as well as an, "In-n-Out" burger truck - on property. YUM. I drove by there on the way home today and noticed an IMEV and a silver Leaf there (distributer plates) ... so it should be pretty interesting.

hill said:
evnow said:
Hey! many of YOU other area folks got free (expensive) chargers ... they're just throwin' us OC peeps a bone! ... finally!
Hope to see you there Phil . . . last night they put me down for a 2:30pm slot on the 24th. They got free (120v - trickle) charging too. (big thumbs up) I drove by there on the way home today and noticed an IMEV and a silver Leaf there (distributer plates) ... so it should be pretty interesting.

Hey hill.

My appointment is on Sunday, so I won't see you, but I'll see you at C&C on Saturday early am, so we can talk about it.

Boomer23 said:
Hey hill.

My appointment is on Sunday, so I won't see you, but I'll see you at C&C on Saturday early am, so we can talk about it.
Excelent! . . . . a few extra bucks . . . and charger at Laguna Beach? I think I'm gettin' misty
:lol:

hill said:
evnow said:
Thank you, Boomer. Good point, Hill. Us OC'ers are in the Zero-Free-Charger-Zone.
I sent in my request to participate. Hope there's a slot in one of the available demographic groups. ;)
Thank goodness for Vacation Days.

Think I can make it to Tustin on a full charge from Mira Mesa? Are there charging stations along the way? I looked on evchargermap.com and most look like they're Avcon :/

You'll do best by mapping Nissan dealers. There's one in North County that isn't welcoming, as I recall, but all of the others are.

A new location is in downtown Laguna Beach, near the City Hall. Two ChargePoint stations with J connectors.

All of that said, consider the hours that you'll need to spend while you wait for charging. Today, I spent about 90 minutes at the Laguna Beach L2 station and got 5.3 kWh of charge. That will get you about 13 miles on the freeway. I think that Mira Mesa is about 80 miles from Tustin, am I right?

Boomer23 said:
I think that Mira Mesa is about 80 miles from Tustin, am I right?

Yeah from my house it says 73 miles to the AutoPacific's Automotive Center. I'll probably end up paying a friend to drive me there :p ...in a gas guzzler!

We did well, folks. Our friend at LW Research was really impressed with the response and says that she's giving priority to the MNLers that have responded.

They still need Volt drivers. If you know any, please pass on the contact email [email protected]

and have them add the following info:

Make/Model of the EV
Date of Birth
What city you would be driving from (you don’t have to bring the auto with you)
Your occupation and company.
Your name and a window of time she may contact you.

I'll also include this on the Volt thread.

hill said:
evnow said:
True - but the sponsor (who I assume is an auto major) should be getting diverse opinion from other places as well. I think So Cal is rather unique and doesn't represent the average EV driver that well.

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
What city you would be driving from (you don’t have to bring the auto with you)

From me, at least, they did want proof of LEAF ownership (copy of registration). Do you know....is that requirement out the window now?

She did say that you must already have your EV, but she never told me about bringing the registration.

garygid said:
(and want/soon-to-be-owners) are needed.

Clarification, Gary. I asked her specifically last night about whether people who have ordered but not yet received their cars are eligible and she said no, you must already have your car, though you don't need to bring it. Mwalsh was told that he needed to bring his registration as proof, but I wasn't told that. But she will send out email next week with location and other information, and perhaps that will tell us that proof of registration is required when you go.

Back