Leafs at Enterprise Car Rental in San Diego (Balboa Ave)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Enterprise Rent-a-Car is now renting Leafs at their Balboa Ave location in San Diego...It's a great opportunity for those who are thinking about a purchase to try one out...

Press Release:
http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/press-room/enterprise-rent-a-car-offers-san-diego-drivers-chance-to-rent-electric-vehicles.html

Randy said:
Enterprise Rent-a-Car is now renting Leafs at their Balboa Ave location in San Diego...It's a great opportunity for those who are thinking about a purchase to try one out...

Press Release:
http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/press-room/enterprise-rent-a-car-offers-san-diego-drivers-chance-to-rent-electric-vehicles.html

I already have a Leaf, but I travel to San Diego a lot. How much is the rental on one of these? If it was near a regular vehicle, I'd do it, particularly if Enterprise could get me from Lindbergh to the car location.

They have a Blink charger installed at the rental location. As the public infrastructure ramps up, you could use those locations as well.

I heard the Leaf rentals were going to be approximately $70 per day, but you may want to check with Enterprise to see what the rates settle out at....

That brings up a "problem" ... does Enterprise (Hertz, etc) provide a Blink (ChargePoint, etc) card to renters at time of rental ? If so ... and the stations imposes a fee ... does Enterprise automatically cover that ?

LEAFer said:
That brings up a "problem" ... does Enterprise (Hertz, etc) provide a Blink (ChargePoint, etc) card to renters at time of rental ? If so ... and the stations imposes a fee ... does Enterprise automatically cover that ?
Hertz takes care of it for their NYC LEAF; it has a ChargePoint card clipped to the back of the visor. They also take care of the tolls; the LEAF has an EasyPass. All you have to provide is a valid driver's license.

LKK said:
If you rent one how do you charge it??

This is a question I'd like to hear from others about.

If I rent a LEAF and drive to a local motel, I'll be lucky to be able to charge overnight. Until EV chargers are available at motels like WiFi is, the concept of EV rental is kinda weird. Trying to convince a motel to let you hookup a L1 charger by running a cord through your motel room window to the car would be an interesting conversation.

JPWhite said:
...Trying to convince a motel to let you hookup a L1 charger by running a cord through your motel room window to the car would be an interesting conversation.
Hotel/Motel people have heard everything, no worries. When we vacationed in Newport Beach, I called ahead to ask about charging my EV. The Marriot was happy to help and put a cone out in a spot near an outlet so that I could plug in.

Back